• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Wireless Charging

I use one of these guys:
http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-DT-900-Wireless-Charging-Plate/dp/B00A3NCC5K
A year or so ago, AT&T stores blew them out for about $20, so I picked up a pair for me and my wife. It works just fine, but the phone rests flat on it instead of being held at an angle like on the Tylt. The angle would be nice, but for the price I paid, I'm perfectly happy with mine.

Upvote 0
I have two different Tylt Vu chargers that I used for my Droid Maxx; I think that they're great.

Just FYI, each of the last two Thanksgivings they have had a brief "Black Friday" sale for $35 (I know it was Black Friday last year, I can't remember about 2013 - it may have been another time.) It took weeks for them to ship all of them out, and, of course, there's no guarantee that they will do it again this year, but it may be worth waiting a couple of weeks to see. At $35 they're a great buy IMHO.

That brings up one more thing: I have no need for these chargers anymore, and, one of these days, I'll get motivated to put up a classified for them. I paid $35 each, I'd probably sell them for $25. If anybody is interested, that may get me to actually do the ad...

Upvote 0
That brings up one more thing: I have no need for these chargers anymore, and, one of these days, I'll get motivated to put up a classified for them. I paid $35 each, I'd probably sell them for $25. If anybody is interested, that may get me to actually do the ad...

For $25, I might be interested- especially if I can sell off the Nokia charger I currently use!

Upvote 0
By the way, Tylt is having a Black Friday weekend sale. All of their wireless chargers, including the Vu and their Vu car charger, are 35% off (though the car charger is 50% off.) So, the Vu is $39 rather than $59.

See http://www.tylt.com/blackfriday

The last two time they have run these sales, it has taken weeks for them to ship them all out, but this is a great price for these chargers if you want one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones