• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Without my Desire

Dudditz

Android Enthusiast
May 25, 2010
Dundee
So my Desire is gone :(

After it got to the point where if it was even used for a text it would reset itself, it is off back to T-Mobile for repairs.

It's likely I won't see it for 10-14 working days :(

Sounds utterly stupid but I am lost without it. I am having to use the laptop to check my e-mails and do quick internet searches, I have to watch/listen to the news on the tv/radio instead of using Pulse and there is no Angrybirds to help pass the quiet moments.

At least I have my Nokia 2330 loan phone to fill the void, a phone will lots of.... nothing :(

this happened to me when mine had to go for repair in October last year and in the 10 days i was without it i had to use my old Sony Ericsson K850i and it was horrible, small screen, slow, no wi-fi, none of my stuff was on it.. all that. I did however realise how much i missed the battery life of the old phones tho lol ;) but i hated that 10 days and i was very happy to have it back :D - trust me mate when you get it back you will feel awesome :p

Upvote 0
Well I have just got back from dropping mine off at CPW for repair for the third time since I got it in Oct last year. First couple of times it took 3 weeks each time, both times over a faulty screen.

Worried this time as the phone just died on me and I have rooted and installed a new rom. Been trying for the last week to try and get the phone back working but to no avail. Could prove expensive, we'll see.

I'm using my old Palm Treo 500 which does the job well enough, but just feels so limited compared to the Desire.

Upvote 0
I feel your pain :( You get used to having it around and it's not a good feeling when it's not there!
We've really became so depent on our phones for our smallest needs and pleasures.
I feel your pain.:( I lost my Desire yesterday. I am currently using a Motorola Crush(loaner) till my replacement comes in. I've only had it for six months, but I'm lost without it. Can't see ever going back to a 'regular' phone again.

Hope things work out for you.
Ouch :( I know that pain. Took me awhile before I was able to get a new Android phone. Used a BB Curve 8900 that only had 2G data >_< Horrible experience ever. I refused to learn BB OS and hated the 5 months I had to live with it.

Upvote 0
first off.....dudditz...thats an AWESOME name :D yay for the dud...*ahem*

and there is no Angrybirds to help pass the quiet moments.

you got this wrong...its not bout the angry vengeful avians anymore...its all about the DEATH WORM!!! :D

oh my dear mother god....this game is FUN!!! watching lil people running from a giant killer worm....fun fun fun...

Upvote 0
first off.....dudditz...thats an AWESOME name :D yay for the dud...*ahem*

you got this wrong...its not bout the angry vengeful avians anymore...its all about the DEATH WORM!!! :D

oh my dear mother god....this game is FUN!!! watching lil people running from a giant killer worm....fun fun fun...

Don't taunt me with your awesome android games :(

Bet it's not as fun as SNAKE.... yeah... :(

Upvote 0
Well I got my notice from CPW that they had repaired my Desire under warranty even though it had been rooted and flashed, so I was relieved not to be facing a large bill. Went in to pick it up an Saturday, and found out they had exchanged the phone for a new sealed phone, so there must have been something seriously wrong with the old phone.

Given I bought the original phone as a refurb, I am well pleased to have a new phone 6 months into the contract. Happy days!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones