• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WMA/WMV files not found on new SD Card

robinta

Jun 23, 2010
I Really dont know which section to put this in as there are a no.of variables that may have changed it !

I`ve recently rooted on Redux 1.2 and installed a new 16G SD card during the process. I backed up and transferred all the data from the old SD to the new, but now when I go into any media player (Rockplayer, Poweramp,Meridian, Act 1 video) they fail to find any WMA or WMV files on the card.

I thought it must be a DRM issue but if I use a file explorer the medaio files are still there and will play ok if selected and then manually playing `one-shot` on any of the above.

This still does not then add the file to the players permanently though.

I`ve checked the file paths are ok and dont know if its a DRM, SD card,Gingerbread isssue (i was on stock 2.2 before) or what. As I said I`ve changed so many things at the same time I dont know where the problem lies !

Well, if they showed up as 'unknown artist' before, that suggests to me that they aren't tagged properly, otherwise the artists would show up correctly.
My guess is that the Redux ROM just ignores files that don't have full tags.
MP3TAG for the PC is a very good tag editor, and there are also some on the Market that could be worth playing with on individual tracks first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones