• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
there are apps you can download to solve this. I came across this same issue.. and i still get frustrated when I'm on the go and want to show a buddy something on Youtube and it just pops up sayin that the video can't be played.

I searched the App Market for WMV and then again for Video. Seemed all the reviews for the apps that would play avi, wmv, mp4, etc... were all negative. So it was kinda a shot in the dark to try one. The one i ended up tryin is xflash which downloads as a trial... it works ok... well a lil less than ok, video is a bit jumpy and the sound wasnt quite sync'd up. I believe the full version is like 13 bucks and it supposed to be better but i'm not sold on payin 13bucks extra for an app to make a supposed smart phone play a basic video format

Upvote 0
well it was a shot in the dark when i woke up this morning cus this girl i know sent me a couple videos (no i wont forward them so dont ask) that I wanted to see but didnt have access to my laptop at the moment... it worked with those for the most part. video dis freeze a bit but it was watchable

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones