• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wont work with headphones :/

NicoBunny

Lurker
Feb 24, 2013
The sound plays just fine on speaker and such, but when the headphones are in, only the left will play.

I don't quite know whether it was a setting problem or whatever :/ I never thought of it much before since I didn't use it for music before.

Could it also be a problem with the headphone jack...? :thinking::(

Hi NicoBunny. Welcome to these forums. I would suggest trying your headphones in another device as well as trying a different set of headphones in your phone. This will narrow down the possible problem. If you can confirm the problem is with your phone, I would think the culprit is the female jack and not a software or OS problem. You might try puffing a bit of canned air into the jack to make certain there isn't some lent or such obstructing a solid connection. Another thing you might try is to put some rubbing alcohol on the male jack and then plug and unplug a few times... cleaning the contacts within. If this doesn't help, the problem is likely a bent contact or a open circuit on that right side. A return or professional repair is likely the path to take if so. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones