• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Would a USB video game controller work on the tranny?

So, I bought all these emulators and downloaded some roms but playing these games blows big time on a phone. Do you think a usb video game controller would work on the tranny? How about this set up: Emulator playing on tranny, usb connected and controlling the roms, HDMI out to play them on an HDTV? This way I have games where ever I want but can also play them on the tv. In theory? Thanks for any help

It might be possible, but only info I found in a google search indicates some registry edits are necessary along with a driver file. A simpler (and slicker) set-up might be to use Wii remotes through your tablet's bluetooth. I'm doing this on my Xoom as I happen to have possession of my sister's Wii at the moment. However, its limitation is that the standard wii remote isn't going to be set up well for anything but the original NES system. You can add the classic controller attachment but that uses a wired connection to a wii remote. The other option is to use Datel's Retro controller for the Wii, which will provide a direct wireless connection to the tablet through the bluetooth. I actually just ordered a couple for myself in fact. All you need to get it running is the wiimote control app which you can find in the market. Its working fine with Nesoid Lite. A big advantage to a wii remote is that you can use it without the dock.

Reactions: kampfwolf09
Upvote 0
It might be possible, but only info I found in a google search indicates some registry edits are necessary along with a driver file. A simpler (and slicker) set-up might be to use Wii remotes through your tablet's bluetooth. I'm doing this on my Xoom as I happen to have possession of my sister's Wii at the moment. However, its limitation is that the standard wii remote isn't going to be set up well for anything but the original NES system. You can add the classic controller attachment but that uses a wired connection to a wii remote. The other option is to use Datel's Retro controller for the Wii, which will provide a direct wireless connection to the tablet through the bluetooth. I actually just ordered a couple for myself in fact. All you need to get it running is the wiimote control app which you can find in the market. Its working fine with Nesoid Lite. A big advantage to a wii remote is that you can use it without the dock.

I thought the Datel was out of production?

Upvote 0
Reactions: rushmore
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones