• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would The Samsung A20 Be A Good Buy Today?

abrogard

Nov 9, 2016
I am looking for a phone in a hurry because my Aspera Jazz is fairly useless with the maps application.

Don't want to spend much money if I can avoid it. But need one for my job.

The Samsung A20 at about $270 seems to me to be about the best in its price range. Would that be right?

But I'm a bit worried about reviews saying the screen cracks easily and screen protectors are not readily available because the phone is too new or something.

So I thought I would just come and ask here and see if anyone has any advice for me before I go out and get something.

Perhaps there's some tough cheap workhorse out there that everyone's using.

My hurried surveys seem to show that I should look for about 6" screen, 13MP cam, 3G Ram and 4000 battery, agreed?

p.s. and cost-wise I'm worried about the plan aspect which I'm not too sure about. My feeling is pre paid is cheaper for me and I've always had pre-paid phones. I don't understand it all but I think I need an 'unlocked' phone for that? Yes? No? What's the chances there'll be some caveat, some hassle of that sort with a phone that I might go to buy?

Like they sell them cheaper because they catch you on 'the plan' ? Or is that really not a worry?

Last edited:
The Samsung A20 at about $270 seems to me to be about the best in its price range.
A quick search yielded prices in the ≈$150 range, like this at Walmart. It's a 32GB unlocked phone at a great price!

If you're concerned about its screen, you might want to do what I always do with a new device, put it in an OtterBox case, which protects the entire device.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones