• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WOW, great apps...

Widget Locket-Lockscreen customization
Keeper-Passwords
Brightness Level
TeslaLED-Flashlight
Power Control Plus- widget for turning stuff on/off
Jorte Calender- Widget
Battery Status- notification bar percent left
PDANet - Tether
My Backup Pro

PDANet - Tether ? Does this App allow you to use internet on laptop easily, without anything crazy... Just wondering.

Launcher Pro Plus (home screen replacement)
Pure Grid Calendar (widget calendar)
Pure Messenger (widget messenger app for email, sms, facebook ect)
Beautiful Widgets (weather widget ect)
Smart Keyboard Pro (keyboard replacement)
Sports Tap (sports scores and more)
Google Voice (better option than visual voicemail and this is FREE)[/QUOTE]

It's a FREE app. But don't know what it does. I downloaded it, does nothing. It asks for a USERNAME, where am I supposed to make that? There's no form to fill to become a user, I tried entering my Google username, that did work :eek:. The developer says you can make FREE calls, without using your minutes... so do the comments say. But I'm a little slow in this.....................Plz Help!

Thanks!

Upvote 0
PDANet - Tether ? Does this App allow you to use internet on laptop easily, without anything crazy... Just wondering.

Launcher Pro Plus (home screen replacement)
Pure Grid Calendar (widget calendar)
Pure Messenger (widget messenger app for email, sms, facebook ect)
Beautiful Widgets (weather widget ect)
Smart Keyboard Pro (keyboard replacement)
Sports Tap (sports scores and more)
Google Voice (better option than visual voicemail and this is FREE)[/QUOTE]

It's a FREE app. But don't know what it does. I downloaded it, does nothing. It asks for a USERNAME, where am I supposed to make that? There's no form to fill to become a user, I tried entering my Google username, that did work :eek:. The developer says you can make FREE calls, without using your minutes... so do the comments say. But I'm a little slow in this.....................Plz Help!

Thanks!

The step you're missing is that you have to sign up for a Google Voice number to use Google Voice :)

Go to www.google.com/voice and sign in and it will walk you through getting the number. And I think you'll be able to take it from there! One great feature of GV is that you can have it ring as many phones as you want with that one number and pick up the phone that is most convenient. For example, I have it ring my mobile and my work #. If I'm at work, I pick up on my work phone. If I'm at home, I pick up on my mobile. Very convenient for my mom as she doesn't have to figure out to call my work # or home#.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones