• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wrap-up of Motorola's 2010 Press event

kraze0g

Android Enthusiast
Dec 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
I've been waiting for this event to take place to see if anything new will be coming out in the world of motorola with all the rumors, and now we know.. basically what we knew before.

www.engadget.com did a live feed from the motorola CES press event and after reading it, i was pleasantly but not newly surprised.

Basically it comes down to two things at the event.
1.) the life of the droid
2.) the cliq

Right in the beginning he starts off by saying that the droid will be pushing out a second maintenance update pretty soon - no solid date however.
'its a living device, we obviously improving on it' is his words - and according to the writer of this feed - he says 'it sounds Moto's a bit happier with the Droid than the Cliq'. Great news for the droid! it's here to stay, as it appears, as the flagship device of motorola!
Then off he went on a litle blurb about the android devices coming to china (which is recorded to have taken about a minute of his time) before coming back to the droid... "one other thing, we've been working with adobe to integrate flash 10.1 into android, but specifically the droid hardware", he says that it will be pushed out in a droid update.
All of this is taking place with a landscape view of the Droid and the Cliq in the background with Droid taking precedance on the screen.
Following this, Jah mentions that there's no specific date on flash, but it will be optimized for the droids chipset.. this goes right into him saying that they will upgrading all their devices to 2.1 (yay).

the final 6 minutes or so were spent on the backflip phone coming to ATT. and.. that concluded the event!

sooo.. looks like motorola's putting heavy emphasis on the droid (not surprisingly with all the customers it has locked in contract). it was odd to see how much the droid was fashioned on this event compared to anything else, basically it seemed like an 'update for the droid' event. as for the cliq.. a few pictures and a few words.. nothing big.

i guess this is good news for droid owners as jha states, 'its a living device'. i think this also means im going to the store to get one tomarrow :)

see ya guys!
-jen

The Backflip looks like a whack phone, but you know what? I think it's pretty ingenious. Not only do you save space by having the flip, so you can have a full keypad, but by having the touchpad on the back of the screen, as you type with your thumbs on the keyboard, your index fingers are available to swipe at the touchpad, without ever having to leave your hands from the keyboard to touch the screen! Genius!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones