• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wtf HTC.... my phone wont boot or respond to anything!

bajaboy

Aug 16, 2010
pulled my DINC out to put it on my plan while i wait for my insurance phone over the holiday weekend.

phone had 3weeks of us on it prior to putting in my desk drawer. rooted, s-off stock rom.

gave it a full battery charge.

-booted twice into the lock screen where it kept saying force close, clicked ok then force close again. then reset.

-booted 4 times into the HTC splash screen

-any time it cycled it would boot 5-10 times then vib five times and give me a green blinking light.

went into recovery.. anytime i go to make a selection on the bootloader screen it sees the power button as an "ON" and tries to boot the phone.

any advice? was going to give this phone to my girlfriend after i was done with it this weekend while she waits for a new phone in january too. Super disappointed in HTC after reading all the horror stories of boot loop w no fix.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones