• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WTF, sd card issues

Okay, so my X is not wanting to mount my sd card. Here is what happened. Went to open up a game app, then my screen got sideways, and said force close. Well, before I could do that, my phone went to reboot itself. It cut off, come back on, and now there is a usb icon in the tool bar on the window shade. Now, it will not read the sd card, it won't let me get to my music, it won't let me look at the pictures in my gallery, and the only apps I can access are those that were not on my sd card. However, if I go to the settings manage apps menu selection, I can hit apps on sd card, and they are all there. I did three hard resets, and pulled the sd card and put it in my computer. My computer wants to reformat it. If I do that, will I lose all the data that is on it? Is there anyway I can fix this? I need some help asap... thanks.

You might try plugging your sdcard into a usb adapter on your computer. Don't use a card slot as those don't always work properly. If asked to format it, don't do it. :D Instead unplug it and plug it back in again.

Try checking for errors. It's very common for sd cards to fail so don't be surprised if you can't recover it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones