• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WTH?? Downgrading must use Kingston memory???

Cool_Roxas

Lurker
Nov 14, 2009
Just some quick question for my HTC Magic.

I ask the person from where I bought my HTC Magic to reinstall my ROM because right now there's no market. Currently my HTC Magic uses 2GB Sandisk card. For this service he charges me some amount of money and since it's reasonable enough I'm okay with it. But then after a while, he told me that I need a 2GB Kingston so he can proceed to downgrading and upgrading my phone. Sandisk won't do was what he told me. Now in addition to paying for installation I need to purchase another stick from him.

I don't want to be cheated so I'm asking you if this is true? Somebody please kindly help. Thanks a lot

answering my own question:

After doing some research. It turns out to be true. Here's the quote under part II:

Take out the memory card from the computer, then put it back in.
Try to open the memory card on the computer (Removable Disk), if it lets you, you are all set. If it asks/tells you to reformat the card, then try steps 13 – 19 again. If it gives you the same error again, then try a different memory card (Erlern said it didn’t work for him until he finally went and bought a Kingston 2GB card, then it worked on that card only).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones