• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X doesn't resize webpage on pinch to zoom?

I played with an X at a Verizon store at the mall today. I'm not a techie so not quite sure how to ask about this, but when I opened the browser and then went to "news" on the google page, then clicked on the first headline that came up, the story that opened up couldn't be pinch-zoomed. The Verizon guy said it was because was the mobile browser, but I did the same on my Dinc and it pinch-zoomed (or whatever you call it) fine. Is this just a quirk because of the settings on that particular phone, or would that be an X characteristic?

Upvote 0
Its a feature of HTC Sense UI, if a phone doesn't have that s/w then it won't have the text wrap feature. I think that is a patent thing.

Not really...

It is part of HTC's browser as you state - the reflowing of text as you zoom. However as stated in other posts, it's part of several other Android browsers as well, such as xScope and Dolphin. It is not limited to just HTC's .. It is missing strangely from the stock Android (pinch to zoom) browser for some reason however ..

Upvote 0
I also miss pinch and zoom or text wrapping (??) for my usual texts (SMS) on my Galaxy-S. The feature was there in 2.2 ver but lost it on upgrading to 2.3.3. Any solutions??? I hate glasses.....

Unfortunately, you've found yourself in the Droid-X forum so we won't be of much help solving your issue on the Galaxy S.

You might want to try the Galaxy S forum:

Samsung Galaxy S - Android Forums

Reactions: VoidedSaint
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones