• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I checked on Sony Ericsson website and found that the W995 uses the same battery as the X10 mini pro.

I did a search on the web and found a 1300mAh battery for the W995.
If i were to use this 1300mAh battery on the X10 pro min, will i end up damaging the phone?

1300mAh HIGH CAPACITY BATTERY FOR SONY ERICSSON W995 on eBay (end time 16-Feb-11 12:57:40 GMT)

Ordered one this morning. Hopefully will have it by Saturday. :) It's a no-brainer for me over the Deji, since it has to come from China is it really worth the extra 200mAH?

Upvote 0
Hi Folks

If buying a replacement battery - you might like to be careful about which technology the battery uses.

Lithium-Ion - is in widespread use.
Lithium-polymer (Li-Po)- can hold a lot more energy inside the same shell - maybe twice as much.

LiPo batteries are fine if handled with care, but partly becuase they are so energy dense they can be a major fire hazard if mishandled. "mishandled" would include for example piercing - the battery can burst into flames, yes thats without it being set fire to or heated. There are videos on YouTube etc or google Lithium-Polymer etc

I suspect that the 1500mAh battery uses LiPo. Some of the chinese characters on the case look a bit like the chinese for "polymer".

The 1300mAh battery seems to be pretty clear that it uses Lithium-Ion technology.

Personally I'd settle for 1300mAh rather than risk the fire hazard.

Upvote 0
I do not know if people are still interested in this topic, but I thought I would share some of my experience.

The Xperia x10 Mini Pro comes standard with a:

Sony Ericsson Battery [BST-38]
Li-Polymer 3.6V
930mAh
3.3Wh

What causes the VERY POOR battery life is that value in red. That is ALL it is. A smart phone, in this day and age, will NOT RUN as a smartphone with that charge delivery. I dont understand whether this is to reduce production cost but its a good phone if this is resolved.

Now the GOOD thing is this. The battery FOR the Xperia x10 mini pro is a GENERIC Sony Ericsson BST-38 battery. You can also put a Lithium Ion battery in it, instead of Lithium polymer.

My advice would be you upgrade and buy this battery:

CLICK HERE FOR EBAY BST-38 BATTERY

The battery above is from a trusted seller (I have purchased 2).

Stats are as follows:

2500mAH
Lithum Ion.

This is almost 2.7 times MORE capacity than the STOCK BST-38 you get.
As usual once you get the battery, or any other, standard battery
ettiquitte applies. You must fully charge and fully discharge (light use ONLY) for about 4-5 CYCLES (1 cycle = charge + discharge) before it is cured for proper robust use.

Comparisons:
1 hour for my 930mAh battery to go down to 87% capacity (pre curing).
3 hours 2500mAH battery to go down to 87% capacity (pre curing)

EBL:
930mAh = 6.7hrs (LIGHT use, pre curing)
2500mAh = 21.7 hrs (LIGHT use, pre curing)

This is an OBVIOUS difference. Note these values, of course, will differ however the range (15hrs precured) will remain almost the same in everybody case.

Now of course HEAVY use (im talking about phone ADDICTS, CONSTANT data transmission) will almost destroy half of that 21.7 hrs, but then again that is the INDUSTRY standard for smartphones. And it is a HELL of a lot better than what you get STOCK with the phone.

Of course the best option to MAXIMISE battery life would be to use all those energy saving apps. I am currently using a 2500mAh battery and can tell the difference. I have my brightness on at 50% and the battery life is more than acceptable.

A tip would be also to ALWAYS charge your battery with the WALL charger, not through the PC. only "top up" with the PC-USB charge method.

Upvote 0
Advanced Task Killer. The best Battery Saver app on the Android Market, without a doubt. There are a lot of settings for it, but it basically kills (stops) all apps that you aren't using manually and automatically (whatever you choose) you can also choose it's kills level e.g. Aggressive, Crazy etc. It saves me hours more battery. Also, turning off Wi-Fi when not using it saves battery. Also, if you tend to game on the Android/Always have the screen on it is a good idea to turn your screen brightness down low. And, never keep your Bluetooth running, this runs down a lot of battery AND means you're prone to hackers.

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm new here on the forum, but thinking of stop using my x10 mini pro.

I bought it almost and year ago. It never lasted more than a day with data on, facebook, etc, but on the past weeks it's been getting worse and worse, to the point that I'm not able to enjoy it or use it anymore.

It's a shame, because this IS a great phone. I loved that it has autofocus camera, GPS, etc etc on a phone this cheap. With Go Launcher Pro, it really came into live as a very costumizable and fun phone. But even after:

- Uninstalled unused apps, including some factory ones (timescape comes to mind)
- Calibrated battery using 2 or 3 methods I read on the forums;
- Uninstalled task manager;
- Turned of auto syncs, background updates, APN (so really no data transfer), GPS, wi-fi, bluetooth, and using 2G only;
- Screen brightness at minimum;
- CPU Tuner set to "extreme power safe" by underclocking;

Battery still falls 5 to 10% per hour on standby. If I turn the APN and do something stupid and outlandish like updating an App on the market, battery falls about 2% per minute, so 120% per hour.

I tried so many definitions and apps to see if it helped, and nothing has done it, so I'm left thinking that the battery has gone bad, even tho I don't think I ever mistreated it.

I can't help to comparing it to my BB curve. Completly diferent phones, I know, but that one with push e-mail lasts, at worst, 3 full days.

I love my x10, but no point on using it if I can't... use it. Anything else you guys think I could try?

Upvote 0
Just a follow-up. I uninstalled Go Locker, and this seems to have limited the battery drain.

Go Locker did not appear on androids battery usage stats (the biggest things there are idle phone and phone radio). But I guess one of the last updates made it go wrong.

According to Juiceplotter, total battery live has gone from about 9 hours to a predicted 30 hours. This is still using CPU Tuner on extreme power tuning settings, minimum brightness, and data+wifi+gps+bluetooth+3G off.

I'm testing the battery closely, and may also uninstall Go Launcher to see if it also makes a significant diference.

edit: 12 hours later, Juiceplotter predicts a total 70 hours (since full charge, until it runs out). We'll see if this happens. Anyway, the diference comparing to before uninstalling Go Locker is huge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones