• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help xbox live. htc magic. xbox wireless adapter

alaw

Lurker
Oct 23, 2009
Hello

So for a while now I have been using my phone (mytouch) as a wireless router for my laptop to connect to. From there I use internet connection sharing to connect my box to live by running an Ethernet cable from my laptop to the xbox.

Even though the connection is at 3g speeds (average 1.6mbps down 300 kbps up), Im getting lag with a ping of around 160 -200 most of the time. I have read that this is because compared to a dedicated isp, cell phone data is mainly designed for Internet surfing and downloading, not so much for gaming.

Another suggestion that I read is because the connection is going through my laptop then to my xbox, that might contribute to the lag.

So my question is, should I run out to Wal-Mart and buy a wireless adapter so that I can eliminate having to use the laptop with internet connection sharing and enabling the 360 to directly connect to the wireless signal my phone is putting out? I just thought though of this and wanted to seek some advice before making the purchase.

I understand that this whole method of getting on live could sound completely ghetto to some, but I'm in college and I have to pay rent lol.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones