• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo! Messenger Video Chat for EVO

TheSystem

Sep 25, 2010
Maryland
www.facebook.com
Well it appears that Yahoo! is now offering video chat support for the HTC EVO.

73778_176016689079826_130951850252977_626158_5403829_n.jpg

i just tested this with myself. i signed in on the PC under a test account and was able to successfully call the evo and vice versa. it will prompt you to download the video plugin and IT IS able to be moved to SD card!!!!!! 28 MEGS! :) it was great!!! this is awesome!

oops didn't answer your question.

tap on the EVO capacitive menu button and select video. thats it...

another edit: making "a call" is a cute way of initiating the cams. it does not involve any phone numbers or anything. just tap the video cam icon on the menu on the evo and go for it. this kicks Skype out of the way....

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help marctronixx. But I'm still having trouble getting it to work. When I'm in a chat with someone I press the video button in the menu but it just makes a call instead of just turning on the can. I was poking around who and they say I need to pay into a phone in and out plans? Does the computer user need a phone number for there pc ? Because the only number my contacts have listed is there cells which I'm guessing is the number my evo try's to dial?

Upvote 0
marctronixx, thanks for the help again.
I finally got it to work after clearing the caches, I always had the video add on installed but also my friend didn't havehis yahoo I'm set up right on his end on his computer.
The only thing I'm wondering now is there a way to chat with video with out actually making a call. Just like normal IM chatting?
Thanks for your help again.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
yeah just open up the yahoo app and chat normal. no need to video.

even if you make a video call, there is an option to only do voice. it pops up as an option so you can make VOICE calls sans video.

but yeah to just do normal TEXT, just open the app like you would on your PC/MAC and go to town.

trillian is another good multi IM app as well... it does not do video but handles the usual suspects (yahoo, msn, ICQ, facebook,)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones