• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yes or No: Have You Ever Used Tapatalk Here?

Yes or No: Have You Ever Used Tapatalk Here?

• Total voters
Looks like we're stuck using the browser for a long while :( It's too bad they can't just re-enable Tapatalk. I understand why, but they said that the problem is fixed.

The Tapatalk representative/developer even came into the forums here for a while to help us understand the issues and that they'd been addressed.

As Phases states from time to time, the site owner, Rob, had to be persuaded to even try Tapatalk out in the beginning, as he had trepidation about its security vulnerabilities and other misgivings.

Once he was convinced it would be ok, a Tapatalk exploit was used in an attack and forum administrator accounts were targeted. Well, you can guess the reaction to that from Rob; now Tapatalk is likely a thing of the past here, no matter its use in other forums around the internet.

A site specific utility, similar to Tapatalk, is in the works, as you probably read in those threads.

Upvote 0
The Tapatalk representative/developer even came into the forums here for a while to help us understand the issues and that they'd been addressed.

As Phases states from time to time, the site owner, Rob, had to be persuaded to even try Tapatalk out in the beginning, as he had trepidation about its security vulnerabilities and other misgivings.

Once he was convinced it would be ok, a Tapatalk exploit was used in an attack and forum administrator accounts were targeted. Well, you can guess the reaction to that from Rob; now Tapatalk is likely a thing of the past here, no matter its use in other forums around the internet.

A site specific utility, similar to Tapatalk, is in the works, as you probably read in those threads.
I understand. I like coming here and I'd appear more often if I had an easier way to access other than a mobile browser. I keep reading about this new app their developing, but all I see is that it will take a long time with no real timeline.

It's too bad about the Tapatalk vulnerability thing :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones