• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You can have all the Quadrant scores you want.

Try again. Water boils at 100C or 212F, not 100F. You'd need to double that temperature before you're boiling water with your phone.
WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS, WHERE NOBODY HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR AND EVERYTHING IS TAKEN LITERALLY.
jerkit.gif

Upvote 0
Unless you're running a brute force attack on some encryption key in the background your temperature and battery life aren't typical. You've likely got a bad app that is preventing the phone from going to sleep and taking up all your CPU. If you restart your phone and then don't touch it do you get better battery life?

Upvote 0
Unless you're running a brute force attack on some encryption key in the background your temperature and battery life aren't typical. You've likely got a bad app that is preventing the phone from going to sleep and taking up all your CPU. If you restart your phone and then don't touch it do you get better battery life?
Battery life sucks. Always. No matter which rom, which version of Android, or whether or not I'm using a task killer. Posts on another forum have lead me to believe that I've maybe got a defective battery.

Upvote 0
Yeah your battery could be slightly shorted internally if that's possible. Have you tried charging it, then taking it out of the phone and leaving it on your desk for 4 hours, then put it back in the phone and see where it's at?

Not really necessary though, I'm sure you can call Verizon and they'll send you a new phone and battery.

Upvote 0
Battery life sucks. Always. No matter which rom, which version of Android, or whether or not I'm using a task killer. Posts on another forum have lead me to believe that I've maybe got a defective battery.

I'm assuming that picture is running CM6. Have you tried running a different rom with the stock speed undervolt hydra kernel? If you do that, and it still runs that hot, you need to replace the battery.

And the Seidio 3500 battery is fantastic, for what it's worth. Whether it's 3100 or 3500, I don't know, but it's awesome.

Upvote 0
I'm assuming that picture is running CM6. Have you tried running a different rom with the stock speed undervolt hydra kernel? If you do that, and it still runs that hot, you need to replace the battery.

And the Seidio 3500 battery is fantastic, for what it's worth. Whether it's 3100 or 3500, I don't know, but it's awesome.
I had overheating problems before there were different roms available to download. It's just getting out of hand now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones