• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You don't have to root the NC to run pure android 2.2

I've rooted my phone and Ipod touch by following the instructions found online but I'm having a hard time with the Nook cause there seems to be so many options and versions of this and that. Do you know anywhere that gives easy to follow step by step options on how to root (or just give access to market apps) the Nook Color? Could I just use this Nookie Froyo (NookColor: Nookie Froyo - nookDevs) will this give me access to market? and will it work on my version 1.2.0 NC?

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

I've rooted my phone and Ipod touch by following the instructions found online but I'm having a hard time with the Nook cause there seems to be so many options and versions of this and that. Do you know anywhere that gives easy to follow step by step options on how to root (or just give access to market apps) the Nook Color? Could I just use this Nookie Froyo (NookColor: Nookie Froyo - nookDevs) will this give me access to market? and will it work on my version 1.2.0 NC?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not a fan of nookie myself. Check out the thread my esteemed colleague colchiro linked above^ thats the way i did it

Upvote 0
I mostly agree... and I will eventually... But I promised my wife I would keep it stock for a while. I was hoping this Nookie thing would let me play with android in the mean time...

the frustrating thing is - across several threads here and XDA, they just say "image this and boot the NC"... If this was complicated, I could deal with not getting it right... but screwing up a simple process bugs me... :)

Upvote 0
So I am running 2.2 on my sd card. I guess no market for me. I'm confuzzled to say the least. In any case, it was fun.

I'm sorry that I cannot provide a link, but I have read several posts that load the Market as a separate step after one has the SD card created and running on the N/C.

I wish I could help more ... and hope that this helps now.
~~~ *<:-}( )( )// Dan

Upvote 0
So I just found out about booting to Froyo from an SD while reading comments on engadget about the NC 1.4.1 update.

Since there hasn't been a post here since October, is this still the case? I would love to be able to use my wife's NC as a tablet. She says she is fine with it as long as when she turns it on it's "stock" for her.

I don't need HC or ICS, I just want to get an SD that is the most stable and has a working Market. This way I can have tablet capabilities until I buy my own tablet in the future.

Upvote 0
CM7.1 stable is what you want. Whether you choose to buy an over-priced one (and kill a kitten in the process) or make your own, is your own choice. Here's our guide to a sdcard install. I'd recommend buying a 16gb or 32gb class 4 Sandisk card if you choose to do this.

I got to tell you. I read that whole thing and could barely make it out. My tech skills are disappoint. I'm the kinda guy who would rather throw someone who actually knows what they're doing some scratch to set it up for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones