• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your opinion on big phones?

I've read about the mega

It's one of the new affordable larger devices yes?

It's huge, but the specs on it absolutely suck lol

I think the specs are OK for a mid-range. It's around half the price of a Note 2 or an S4. The Mega is sold in China, and Asia in general. In Asia phones are not usually carrier subsidised, unlike in the US. The Note 2 is around equivalent of $800 bucks USD here in China, which is a lot of money for a phone IMO. Some people might like a large phone, but they're not always rich. "affordable" is definitely the intention here. :) The Win I've got is only mid-range specs, similar to the Mega, but again that's meant as affordable phone for Asia. It hasn't got LTE, but then that's not really happened here yet.

The one I was looking at was completely Googleless of course, and had China specific apps pre-loaded.

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
I'll agree for a midrange phone that it is definitely nice.

But for one that's use to having high end devices, one could agree why I would say the specs aren't that great.

As I've had all the galaxy s variants except for the s4 which all was considered high end. Including the evo 3d at launch, mid to high end.

I've had two Samsungs, the original Galaxy S i9000, bought it when it came out. Lasted two years, until the screen broke. :D And my current one, the Galaxy Win Duos i8552. Which I bought two months ago in Hong Kong. I've also had a couple of Chinese phones in-between, a Lenovo and a KIRF Galaxy Note.

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
My galaxy s was the I797 if I'm not mistaken (at&t) and surprisingly out of all my devices that was my favorite. Used it nearly 2 years before I jumped to Sprint.

Purchased the evo when I jumped, bad mistake, had nothing but problems out of it for a solid year before I broke down and bought a second hand s2

The original however was so durable that it was just crazy. Dropped it a ton on concrete and took the pain like a champ without a cracked screen :p

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I recall when the HTC Flyer came out the stylus was something stupid like $75 extra!

Wow!

These are not even in the same league, I'm sure, but you can get 10 of them for $2.66 shipped and they are a million times better at tiny interfaces than my fingers are, not to mention they work when I'm wearing gloves:
Amazon.com: 10 Pcs Stylus Set Aqua Blue/Black/Red/Pink/Purple Stylus/styli Touch Screen Cellphone Tablet Pen for iPhone 4G 3G 3GS iPod Touch iPad 2 3 SONY PLAYSTATION PSP PS VITA Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy, BlackBerry Playbook AMM0101US, Barnes an
They fall apart after a while. The chrome ring near the tip comes loose. I suspect a small dab of some sort of adhesive would fix it.

Upvote 0
I'd have a big phone - it'd obviously be great for video watching etc..

Only thing is I've seen people with Notes and it just looks overly huge... Especially when they get a phone call.

And then it comes off looking like the old Motorola DynaTAC minus the rubber antenna, though most Note users around here have defaulted to using the speakerphone instead.

Reactions: Mehta23
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones