• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

YouTube hates me :(

im in touch with htc youtube and sprint and between the three im tryin to get them to get this issue logged and pushed through with a firmware fix. how long it will take i cant say but im a tech with sprint so im going to take this up as far as i can and really bug about it. ill keep posting back when i have new info to report.

Upvote 0
ive noticed that some videos will play on utube and some will not. Dont really know why! Is there an app that will allow all utube videos to play?

Also, where can I find the best and most popular apps for my HTC hero from sprint? Only the market place or can I find some online somewhere?

Im new to the phone, only had it 3 days, and so far I love it.

Upvote 0
ive noticed that some videos will play on utube and some will not. Dont really know why! Is there an app that will allow all utube videos to play?

Also, where can I find the best and most popular apps for my HTC hero from sprint? Only the market place or can I find some online somewhere?

Im new to the phone, only had it 3 days, and so far I love it.
Im having the same problem with my Hero. Youtube is killing me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Someone help out please. My Sprint tv is working so Im not sure what to do?

Upvote 0
Guys dont forget its not only Youtube that isnt working but all videos that need to use HTC media player, so i dont think its a google problem but an HTC one!

I agree...this seems to be HTC/Android related. I think we have to agree that this came right after the update we received on our phones. Im lucky enough to have 3 Droid Eris in our family so it makes it easier to troubleshoot issues when you want to find out if its related to a single phone or not and this problem is related to the update. Our phones were all working before the update and stopped working after the update. Something happen to the Youtube client during the update...they need to correct this.

Upvote 0
OK, so this is weird,,, I found yesterday that I also have this problem, but I have found that if I remove my SD card, then my HERO will play a video, before locking with the same error, so I put the SD card in, and it will again play a video before locking with the same error,,, and so on and so on,, each time I want to watch a youtube video I have to either insert, or remove the SD card first,,, thats convenient.... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones