• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root z4root wont work new phone

I got a replacement phone today and tried rooting it with z4 1.3 that I installed off of my sd card.

I tried temporary and permanent and it just goes to the screen with the loading circle. I let it sit on that for 25 minutes it did nothing...

Reboot the phone and try again. Ive found its best to install z4root then reboot before you try to run it. Also make sure you have usb debugging checked.

Upvote 0
I got a replacement phone today and tried rooting it with z4 1.3 that I installed off of my sd card.

I tried temporary and permanent and it just goes to the screen with the loading circle. I let it sit on that for 25 minutes it did nothing...
what does your system version say ,,,i only ask because there is a minor update that should be coming out soon that is so far unrootable and they may have loaded it to yours since you just got it today,
i doubt it just a theory,does it say 2.3.340?

Upvote 0
As long as your on 2.3.340 it should work. Make sure that you have a real copy of z4root as there are some fake ones going around.
[APP] z4root - xda-developers << latest copy

I had the same issue you had. I downloaded it on the computer then moved it to my sd card and installed it. Make sure you have USB debugging enabled and after you install it, reboot your phone then run it. It might take between 2 - 5 minutes, just let it run

Upvote 0
Don't be afraid to try several times either. It took me four tries; first three I waited between 10-20 minutes with the loading circle screen. Fourth try it took about three minutes, then surprised the hell out of me when the phone rebooted itself and I was successfully rooted.
very true ,,,i am suprised though since every time i have rooted which is many it has taken only about 1 min each time

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones