• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root zapX for X

I think the radio was changed the last few days before release, after the froyo leak. Quite a number of people have posted about the improved OTA radio, and there have been a few that moved from leaked froyo to OTA, that mentioned they did in fact see better reception with froyo.

So I'm sticking with OTA rooted (and probably deodexed one of these days).

Upvote 0
Feom the way he mentions the leaked version, I dont think he was ever OTA and thus signal strength shouldn't be any different.

Yea I'm on the original leak but I restored my backup and I have much better reception..My sirius and wunderradio were cutting out all the time on zap. I really like the way it was running but for some reason my reception was sub-par. :(

Upvote 0
Animated Maps in Weather Programs are Not Working/Weather Programs Force Close

Some animations maps in this rom have been known to either force close or generally just not work. I know that WeatherBug force closes regardless. iMap, Rainy Days, Weather Channel all open fine but their animated maps do not work. Sometimes they will force close when you click on animated maps usually not. I believe this is a build problem with these programs. I am looking into a solution right now. However, If you do need animated maps there is a program that works just fine. That program is Radar Now and has animated weather. I recommend using that alongside Weather Channel for your weather apps.

I am having this problem with weatherbug elite and c:geo.
Battery manager FC as well.
I am ready to go back to my old rom, but this one is so much faster. I will wait a couple more days to see if a fix is forthcoming.
::crosses fingers::

Upvote 0
I am having this problem with weatherbug elite and c:geo.
Battery manager FC as well.
I am ready to go back to my old rom, but this one is so much faster. I will wait a couple more days to see if a fix is forthcoming.
::crosses fingers::

Fix coming with RC2. Should be released by the end of this week. or early next week. If I happend get it fixed tomorrow I will put the update file on rom manager. I think I know what it is. But it you see my help page there is already a solution.

Upvote 0
Weather Fix is now on Rom Manager. Animated Radars are now working properly and WeatherBug should not force quit after you install that update. I suggest getting Weather Fix If You are having Animated Radar issues. It will be in RC2 coming out later this week or early next.

Car Dock's fix will not be released until RC2.

Upvote 0
Weather Fix is now on Rom Manager. Animated Radars are now working properly and WeatherBug should not force quit after you install that update. I suggest getting Weather Fix If You are having Animated Radar issues. It will be in RC2 coming out later this week or early next.

If we're updating through rom manager do we need to check off wipe data and cache?

Upvote 0

Weather Fix did not correct any of my problems :(

Upvote 0
Probably a stupid question, but here it goes. I'm using LP now, and want to try this ROM and use LP with this ROM. Do I need to download the LP version? Or can I download the regular version and install my LP backup over it? Thanks.

Just download the LP version and restore your backup the LP version just comes with LP as the stock launcher so if you remove it later you wont have a home screen unless you replace it with ADW or Zeamer or something.

Upvote 0
Some issues for me.
1. Calendar sync. I couldn't get it to work (do you have to wait a while?)
2. ShopSavvy FC's and won't open.
3. Can't seem to add my fb account, which is what I was really going for.

I wiped data/cache/system mounted system and installed. Then I advanced restored data from rubiX 0.5.

May try again when I have more time, but for the time being I need calendar sync to work.

Upvote 0
Probably a stupid question, but here it goes. I'm using LP now, and want to try this ROM and use LP with this ROM. Do I need to download the LP version? Or can I download the regular version and install my LP backup over it? Thanks.

You can download the regular version and then install Launcher Pro, this is how RC2 will be released most likely. It makes the rom much faster.

Reactions: Willyg44
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones