• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zenwatch first observations

tecknoes

Dec 19, 2013
I've had my Zenwatch for a month now and have these observations for anyone interested in buying or someone who owns one and may have similar opinions.
1. The battery life is abysmal the only way I can get it to last a day is the turn off "keep awake" & "tilt to wake screen" otherwise I get about 7/8 hours
2. I live in southern Spain, very sunny, it is absolutely impossible to see the watch face outside even on the watch's brightest setting.
3. I have had two heart attacks, really, when I used the heart monitor for the first time I almost called the ambulance again as it said 170! I was sat in a chair at the time not pounding up a steep hill. Since then I have only tried it a couple of times and so far out, I think it's just a gimmick to help to sales.
4. The watch has crashed several times and the only way to restart it is to hold down the small button on the back.
5. It frequently losses the Bluetooth connection even though I have gone into a room close by without my phone.
6. The vibrate function is a joke, I can feel a baby touching me with a feather better.
7. When charging at night the screen switches on and wakes me, I have to press the button on the back to turn it off.
8. The charging cradle has to be pressed very had t to start the charging process, hence unless you check the screen when connecting it to see the "charging" notice, you'll get up next morning to a flat battery and its not working, so delve in the drawer for the old Timex.
9. On the plus side ......it's the best of the bunch of smartwatches on the aesthetics side.

I hope someone from Asus reads this and maybe Zenwatch mark 2 with be better, I'm not a happy bunny owning the current version.
Any comments out there????

Reactions: exninja
Good to know. I was planning on waiting till the second gen of watches before I jumped on board, but the looks of this watch were tempting. Then the ASUS dude said that they want the next one to be able to last a week on a charge. I'm sure it's a pipe dream, but I'm glad they're working on it. Hopefully all of these other issues will be worked out by then, too. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I've had my Zenwatch for a month now and have these observations for anyone interested in buying or someone who owns one and may have similar opinions.
1. The battery life is abysmal the only way I can get it to last a day is the turn off "keep awake" & "tilt to wake screen" otherwise I get about 7/8 hours
3. I have had two heart attacks, really, when I used the heart monitor for the first time I almost called the ambulance again as it said 170! I was sat in a chair at the time not pounding up a steep hill. Since then I have only tried it a couple of times and so far out, I think it's just a gimmick to help to sales.
5. It frequently losses the Bluetooth connection even though I have gone into a room close by without my phone.
6. The vibrate function is a joke, I can feel a baby touching me with a feather better.
7. When charging at night the screen switches on and wakes me, I have to press the button on the back to turn it off.

I've had my ZenWatch since late December, been extremely happy with it. Here are my thoughts on a few of your comments, hopefully they will help also!

1. I regularly get 12+ hours easily out of mine. I do put it in theater mode sometimes when I'm at work and it isn't connected to my phone, but even on days off when I leave the screen active, it isn't an issue.
3. The Fit heartrate monitor does suck, but try the Wellness one, it seems much more accurate.
5. It's Bluetooth, it doesn't have a long range, so yeah, it will lose connection if you go to far.
6. The vibrate isn't enough to wake me up, but I don't think I've ever missed it when I was awake.
7. This one is easy. Change the setting to screen black when charging charging, never have this issue again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones