• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE AWE Rooted w/Awesome Rom Softbrick to Hardbrick via bootloop?

7Dallas5

Lurker
Dec 29, 2018
I've got an AWE that I've been running Awesome rom on for what seems like FOREVER. Hubs finally decided yesterday to let me root and flash his phone. Went perfect, and he got a new lease on his phone.

While I was fiddling around, I noticed that CWM wasn't on my phone (just android recovery). I'm guessing way back when I must've sideloaded it instead of installed, so I went ahead and installed it. I thought everything was fine and went about my day.

Last night, I noticed that the battery was dead, which I thought was weird, so I plugged it into the wall charger. And it started a bootloop. I couldn't decide if the problem was that the battery was so drained that it couldn't stay up/running or what, so I left it, thinking it would probably be fine by morning. This morning, it's black and won't boot.

I've pulled the battery and swapped it out, and that didn't help.
I've pulled the SD card, and tried to boot - that didn't help.

I have adb installed, and pdanet+ however, Windows does not acknowledge that it's there. When I plug it in, the led gives a brief red flash but that's it.

I've gotten out of bootloop before so I'm surprised that the end result would be hardbricked.

ATM, I can't really think of much else to do since the device basically won't turn on. I don't get the Android dude, no recovery screen, nothing.

I thought I would ask here before I play taps for this AWE and bust out one of the spares. LOL

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones