• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ZTE Warp Have a few Annoying Issues

Ames2691

Lurker
Jan 13, 2013
My ZTE warp will shut off at the most random times I could be on the phone with someone and the next thing I know is that I hear the start up sound and see the boost mobile logo appear. It just doesn't happen when I'm on the phone it does it randomly whenever the phone isn't in use or it will freeze in the middle of a text and restart its self. Also two more issues I'm having I don't always get text messages unless I restart my phone every hour And the last issue is unless its on the charger or its on and doing something (eg. Playing iheart radio or on the phone) it shuts off and will NOT turn back on if it goes into sleep mode and I have to pull the battery to get it to restart. This has been happening alot more then before which before it would do it here and there once or twice now it seems like every day.

Any thoughts, ideas or advice on how I could fix this? I'm waiting to hear back from ZTE but they seem to be taken forever and I'd love to figure out how to fix this. Also my phone is NOT Rooted

I agree with other posters! ROOT and install a Custom ROM. But if you don't want to root, consider a factory reset and be careful of all the apps you install. I would recommend installing one or two per day and using the phone to see how well it works, then continue doing this each day until you find the culprit. Remember, memory can be an issue for this phone so if you have many apps running in the background, you will run out of memory and subsequently have freezes and reboots.

Upvote 0
Thank you all so much for your advice. Now here's going to be a numb question but how do I go about getting a custom rom? I don't want to brick my phone since it's the only phone I have and can't afford to get another one anytime soon.

And any certain custom roms you would suggest?

I'd suggest n00b...it will root, install custom recovery and install the rom all from stock recovery.

Reactions: MrBobo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones