• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ZTE Warp N860 - , no signal, no 3G

neoverse

Lurker
Jan 17, 2013
I am wondering if anyone one else has experienced a complete signal loss with the warp n860 (boost).

Above the signal meter there is an X and the meter has no bars at all ever. The phone was purchased Aug 2012 and worked fine until recently. My son said he was having trouble watching yt vids one day then the next day had no signal.

Wi-Fi works fine with no problems but I'm assuming that works off a different antenna. My son had taken his phone to the boost store before bringing it to me and they did a factory reset on it and now it isn't activated and won't activate due to no signal.

The signal in my area is fine, I know this because I have the zte warp sequent an the signal is fine.

Thanks
Bobby

Sorry if this has been covered already, I've not been able to find anything similar.

I am wondering if anyone one else has experienced a complete signal loss with the warp n860 (boost).

Above the signal meter there is an X and the meter has no bars at all ever. The phone was purchased Aug 2012 and worked fine until recently. My son said he was having trouble watching yt vids one day then the next day had no signal.

Wi-Fi works fine with no problems but I'm assuming that works off a different antenna. My son had taken his phone to the boost store before bringing it to me and they did a factory reset on it and now it isn't activated and won't activate due to no signal.

The signal in my area is fine, I know this because I have the zte warp sequent an the signal is fine.

Thanks
Bobby

Sorry if this has been covered already, I've not been able to find anything similar.

Try this... go to the dialer and press ##72786# no need to press send. A window will pop up and ask for your MSL. (if you don't know it, do a search and you'll find out how to get it). Then press menu, then reset. The phone will reboot and when it comes back on it should automatically activate. After that it should automatically search for a prl update, then update your data profile. Or if it doesn't update prl and data profile automatically, you can do it manually in settings>about phone>software update>update prl/data profile. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones