• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Z833 how do I transfer apps to my SD card?

Cinque8

Nov 6, 2016
Hello,

I have a ZTE Z833 Avid Trio cell phone that I purchased from Metro PCS. My phone only has 3.16 GB of internal storage. So I inserted a 32 GB SD in my phone. On my previous ZTE phone, when I went to settings and selected an app, you were given the option to move the app to the SD card. But on this phone the only options that your are given is to Uninstall or Force Stop.

I also tried to do an Internal format for my SD card, but the phone still only showed 3.16 GB of storage space. So I took the phone back to Metro PCS and asked them what the problem was. The guy that sold me the phone told me that the SD card was faulty. But when I insert that same SD card into my laptop, my laptop reads the card without any problems.

Can anyone tell me how I can transfer apps to my SD card on this phone, or make my default download path SD card?

Thank you

Reactions: shajahanpta97
Hello,

I have a ZTE Z833 Avid Trio cell phone that I purchased from Metro PCS. My phone only has 3.16 GB of internal storage. So I inserted a 32 GB SD in my phone. On my previous ZTE phone, when I went to settings and selected an app, you were given the option to move the app to the SD card. But on this phone the only options that your are given is to Uninstall or Force Stop.

I also tried to do an Internal format for my SD card, but the phone still only showed 3.16 GB of storage space. So I took the phone back to Metro PCS and asked them what the problem was. The guy that sold me the phone told me that the SD card was faulty. But when I insert that same SD card into my laptop, my laptop reads the card without any problems.

Can anyone tell me how I can transfer apps to my SD card on this phone, or make my default download path SD card?

Thank you

I think the phone wants you to format the card cuz the OS may not be able to read folders made by another app.. Some do that

Reactions: shajahanpta97
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones