• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Zmax Pro Official Root Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well about all i can think of to do now is try to burn a sd card with the axon 7 partitions and GPT. The hope would be that our device reads the fbop partition and opens up fastboot access.

If there was a temp root or a way to get a backup of our devices the chances i could make it work would be much higher.

So generally i am passing some time.
My skills aren't so great when it comes to aboot disassembly. I'm pretty good with a hex editor and linux terminal but i need to learn arm code and dissassembly.

Upvote 0
Well about all i can think of to do now is try to burn a sd card with the axon 7 partitions and GPT. The hope would be that our device reads the fbop partition and opens up fastboot access.

<br>

<br> If there was a temp root or a way to get a backup of our devices the chances i could make it work would be much higher.

<br>

<br> So generally i am passing some time.

<br> My skills aren't so great when it comes to aboot disassembly. I'm pretty good with a hex editor and linux terminal but i need to learn arm code and dissassembly.
We have temp root, but it lasts for literally a few CPU cycles before restarting and clearing the root.

Reactions: GarnetSunset
Upvote 0

If there was a temp root or a way to get a backup of our devices the chances i could make it work would be much higher.

So generally i am passing some time.
My skills aren't so great when it comes to aboot disassembly. I'm pretty good with a hex editor and linux terminal but i need to learn arm code and dissassembly.

If you can manage to get a aboot image I can deal with the arm code and removing encryption flags.

Only other way someone can get a copy that I know of is to take the time to convert the patch file in one of the updates to a regular image.

Upvote 0
is not that easy flashing twrp on a locked bootloader device will trigger dm-verity and you will be send to that screen [ adb reboot unauth].

I've heard that the screen executed by adb reboot unauth is on its own partition hidden until the phone is modified maybe with any of the possible above exploits if we could disable it completely we could make the whole partition useless so adb reboot unauth would be no different than typing adb reboot ysydhd which will default to system giving it's possible root if paired with an exploit idk it's all speculation

Last edited:
Reactions: fusdomain
Upvote 0
I've heard that the screen executed by adb reboot unauth is on its own partition hidden until the phone is modified maybe with any of the possible above exploits if we could disable it completely we could make the whole partition useless so adb reboot unauth would be no different than typing adb reboot ysydhd which will default to system giving it's possible root if paired with an exploit idk it's all speculation
Yes it get enabled when the device detect changes on boot, It can't be disabled as built in kernel, no communications are available when you are in this mode is just a way to force you to not use your device after making modifications to it.

Upvote 0
Hey, Everyone. Sorry to say I am one of the few that has been lurking since the old post got taken down due to off topic stuff.
Anyways! I have a zmax pro on b01 I have never updated. It was from Walmart on T. I did say I was lurking for awhile, as for b00 I never knew it existed. I got my zmax pro back in Aug of last year.
(Honestly I wonder if the ones still left in Walmart are on b01...)

Upvote 0
Hey, Everyone. Sorry to say I am one of the few that has been lurking since the old post got taken down due to off topic stuff.
<br> Anyways! I have a zmax pro on b01 I have never updated. It was from Walmart on T. I did say I was lurking for awhile, as for b00 I never knew it existed. I got my zmax pro back in Aug of last year.
<br> (Honestly I wonder if the ones still left in Walmart are on b01...)

Doubt about them still being available at Walmart. But you never know. Maybe the ones that can dump them can check a few stores. Is that phone your daily driver ? Would you want to just donate it or would you prefer to exchange your T-B01 for a M-B08. Or would you like to get specifics instructions on how to try to dump your phones FW yourself. Not sure what it would all in tale. What are your thoughts right now ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyways! I have a zmax pro on b01 I have never updated. It was from Walmart on T. I did say I was lurking for awhile, as for b00 I never knew it existed. I got my zmax pro back in Aug of last year.
(Honestly I wonder if the ones still left in Walmart are on b01...)
Does issuing the command
Adb reboot bootloader
Send you to fastboot or it just reboots back to system

Reactions: NeoZiggy
Upvote 0

<br> Anyways! I have a zmax pro on b01 I have never updated. It was from Walmart on T. I did say I was lurking for awhile, as for b00 I never knew it existed. I got my zmax pro back in Aug of last year.

<br> (Honestly I wonder if the ones still left in Walmart are on b01...)
Now you are reading B01 in the Build Number right ? & Not on the BaseBand ?

Upvote 0
Does issuing the command

<br> Adb reboot bootloader

<br> Send you to fastboot or it just reboots back to system
Wasn't there a setting regarding unlocking the bootloader or something in Settings. For most of us that setting didn't do anything but I wonder for the original FW phones?

Info posted on this post. Part 1.
https://androidforums.com/posts/7474252/#post-7474252
Settings/Developer Options/OEM Unlocking

Last edited:
Reactions: ExtoliS
Upvote 0
Wasn't there a setting regarding unlocking the bootloader or something in Settings. For most of us that setting didn't do anything but I wonder for the original FW phones?
Info posted on this post. Part 1.
https://androidforums.com/posts/7474252/#post-7474252
That doesn't unlock the bootloader. If it did, we would've had root like 7 months ago. That is just a switch to say "yeah I might want to flash unsigned stuff in the future"
Any chance to slow down the cpu within that time... Or some trick like a "Do Loop" type of command to keep it from initiating a reboot?
This is bootloader level stuff, so no.
My charger crapped out on me, so I have to get a new one. However I did come across the Google source site that says we need the dev key for signing recovery images, it's for Oreo, but maybe it can help us to remove verity or get rolling on a permanent root for our 981. https://android.googlesource.com/platform/build/+/oreo-r6-release/target/product/verity.mk#17
Wanna break into ZTE and steal the dev key? lol
"of which theory does exist....you require a button
boi whatre you doin

Upvote 0
Does issuing the command
Adb reboot bootloader
Send you to fastboot or it just reboots back to system

It reboots system.

This is my main phone it is on b01 but in about a month anyone can use it for testing.

Attachments

• ic-5649.png
    ic-5649.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0
That doesn't unlock the bootloader. If it did, we would've had root like 7 months ago. That is just a switch to say 'yeah I might want to flash unsigned stuff in the future'

Was just wondering if that OEM option might only work or might be needed switched to on in the original B01 and B03 FW that suppose to have an unlocked Bootloader.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones