• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZV6 Stock_Rooted_Updated

So I installed just as instructed without wiping or anything. Right over a zv5 Stockrom. So far no issues. Just gotta clean up some of these apps that got added but its nice to know stagefreight was patched although i thought that was the only thing they did for 4.4.4 so i dunno why its still 4.4.2 but im guessing they just addressed it with a temporary patch.

Also were you still working on uploading the stockrom without the added apps?

I didn't lose root, didnt lose my custom recovery either. I'm guessing the people having problems are having problems because of CWM recovery instead of TWRP.

Upvote 0
just to share my experience with zv6.
i had twrp and was running rooted stock based zv5, i moved the update.zip to my sd card and installed via twrp. it flashed just fine, and i rebooted. it rebooted fine and i still had supersu in the app drawer but it didn't work. powered the phone off completly and then tried to boot recovery. took me to stock recovery. so i just rooted zv6 and reflashed twrp with flashify.

Upvote 0
Can someone please deodex this and upload it to mega or some other site for me, please. Thanks I'm stuck no PC or WiFi only my Volt and Boosts 3g service
I can do it but it's going to be tomorrow probably before I get a link up. Got to go out of town today and won't be back till late tonight.

Upvote 0
it is causing me to boot into recovery...
i wiped cache and delvik as well.
i did a fresh install of this zip. but nothing. anything else i might be missing?

steps i took:
installed radio
wiped cache, data, (everything internal)
installed zv6 updated
whiped cache/dalvik
I'm pretty sure the same thing was happening to me, when going from zv5 to zv6 you flash radio, than flash zv6 update zip, than wipe dalvik, than reboot & voila worked when I followed those steps! Good luck.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
my radio is... not working well. WiFi signal "receives no response" from the internet. 3G/4G works fine
It's not the wifi.

EDIT:
Ok so i fixed my problem. I will list the steps taken, but not sure if they will be optional.
-Flashed this radio and zip from TWRP from rooted zv5
-it flashed, didnt lose root.
-once back in the system, wifi started crapping out
-downloaded the original update.zip, flashed that
-didn't fix the wifi problem, but now TWRP was gone
-used flashify to flash new TWRP
-did a factory reset from twrp
-problem seems to be fixed, I am STILL rooted, zv6
-$$$

hope this helps someone

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is anyone still showing version LS740ZV5 after their update ?

I just did a install of the OTA update over a rooted stock ZV5. Running TWRP. After the install it rebooted itself into TWRP, I saw it ran a script of something. I then rebooted and everything seems fine. Didn't lose root. But just a little concerned that it's not showing ZV6 in the settings.

Upvote 0
Is anyone still showing version LS740ZV5 after their update ?

I just did a install of the OTA update over a rooted stock ZV5. Running TWRP. After the install it rebooted itself into TWRP, I saw it ran a script of something. I then rebooted and everything seems fine. Didn't lose root. But just a little concerned that it's not showing ZV6 in the settings.
Probably the update didn't work if it still says that. Why do you think you have ZV6?

Upvote 0
First off, I will confirm that the radio for FM isnt working for me either.
I just uninstalled next radio till there is a fix.
Maybe soon? Lol
my radio is... not working well. WiFi signal "receives no response" from the internet. 3G/4G works fine
It's not the wifi.

EDIT:
Ok so i fixed my problem. I will list the steps taken, but not sure if they will be optional.
-Flashed this radio and zip from TWRP from rooted zv5
-it flashed, didnt lose root.
-once back in the system, wifi started crapping out
-downloaded the original update.zip, flashed that
-didn't fix the wifi problem, but now TWRP was gone
-used flashify to flash new TWRP
-did a factory reset from twrp
-problem seems to be fixed, I am STILL rooted, zv6
-$$$

hope this helps someone

You made it very difficult on yourself, ypu should of tried to reinstall the update first.
Then if it wasnt working still you should of redownloaded with firefox.
Then reinstalled again, my wifi works perfectly. I didnt change anything.

Upvote 0
Were you still intending on posting an updated zip without the modifications to system apps? One that can be reverted back to stock. Also I noticed i cant use "update prl" or the "update profile" on this. Does that have to do with something removed on your behalf or the flashing over zv5?
ZV6 Stock Rom for LG Volt

This is a stock rooted rom for the LG Volt based off of the ZV6 update with some updated apps.

I didn't realize until I had built the zip that I had integrated some system app updates prior to pulling the system image. This will not affect the usability but would not be usable to flash back to a pure stock zv6 to take any future updates. Since it's already made I'm posting it for those wanting to update to zv6 but have modified their system. I'll try to post another zip later without the updates so it could be used to revert back to pure stock for the purpose of installing any future firmware updates.

Features..
* Odexed
* Newest SuperSU and su binaries
* Newest Busybox binaries
* Integrated system app updates (Gmail, Chrome, Youtube, Voicemail, etc.)
* Integrated newest Google Play Services to support Android Pay
* Integrated Android Pay

Disclaimer!..

* I have tested this on my phone and it flashed and worked perfectly for me. By downloading and flashing this you agree that I will not be responsible should anything go wrong and your phone Bricks, Breaks or Explodes!

* Always make a backup in TWRP before flashing anything, including this rom. This will help you recover should anything go wrong!

* This Rom formats the system partition so any changes to it including themes, buildprop tweaks, integrated apps, etc. will be lost. This is to ensure that there are no conflicting files that will cause issues.

*There may be issues if installing on a phone running Link2SD, You may want to undo all links and then reapply them after updating.

Download and Instructions in 2nd post!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones