• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

0 byte file size when browsing via Windows Explorer

bubkusjones

Aug 7, 2012
Southern Ontario
Ok, I wanted to transfer some music (my rip) from my phone to a secondary computer (doesn't have as up-to-date a music library). Phone is a Huawei G312 (u8681) and the files are stored on a 32gb SD Card.

The album (a 2 disc Hendrix best-of) plays fine and when browsing through the phone, the files all show up their proper size, HOWEVER, when I connect through USB to my computer and browse through Windows Explorer, the files all show up as 0 bytes. It's just the Hendrix files, though, the rest of my music shows up just fine.

Now, I can connect to the phone via airdroid and transfer them just fine, but I'm curious as to why they don't register properly when I directly connect via USB (as that would be a fair amount faster).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones