2.1 gallery apk for incredible

1. rubber soul

rubber soul Member

Greetings and salutations. Does anyone have a link to the official 2.1 3d gallery apk? I've already downloaded the news and weather widget apk and the amazon mp3 widget, but I can't seem to find the gallery. These are all things I miss from my droid, and will be pumped to add to my incredible. Thanks everyone.

Advertisement
  2. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

Rubik76 and billybob275 like this.
  3. BBock727

BBock727 Well-Known Member

What's the weather and news widget?
  4. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

I just got the apk. It works great. Its beautiful, doesn't lag, and it automatically found all my pics and videos. The only problem I found is pressing the camera button in the top right corner forces the gallery to restart.

I am not sure what you mean by this?
  5. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

I also found that when I take a new picture it doesn't go to the 3d gallery just the stock one. Is there a fix to this?
  6. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

Oh also where did you get the 2.1 weather widget from?
  7. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

I am a windows mobile guy and I just moved to android, but I believe it is possible. I think that to do it a cooker would need to bake and edit the apk into a new ROM. This wont be possible until root comes out though.

^Some of these are windows mobile terms and I am not sure if they cross-apply to android, but I believe they do. Also, someone correct me if I am wrong.
  8. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

Just save your pics to the SD card
  9. Sodequis

Sodequis Well-Known Member

dgourd likes this.
  10. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updated link. I changed my original post to reflect this in order to save people some time. (Gave you credit though).
  11. SGRacer

SGRacer Active Member

can you upload it somewhere where I can download w/o a xda account?
    Thx
  12. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

socaldevil, ramcharger1979 and dgourd like this.
  13. SGRacer

SGRacer Active Member

Too bad it wont show anything outside of 100media. Is someone editing the code to look for media, or other folders?
  14. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I think it scans all folders on memory cards, but doesn't look at the onboard memory because the Nexus One didn't have onboard memory.
    SGRacer likes this.
  15. hadisious

hadisious Member

Looks like I found a further updated version of the APK. Looks like it was originally created for the Desire but it works great.

This one is version "30686" vs. Howie's "30683"

Camera works fine and everything else seems to be fine. Same Icon as the Nexus One as well on this one.

Gallery3D-1.1-Desire.apk
  16. bwthor

bwthor Well-Known Member

Just installed that one. I find that if I open the camera from the Gallery program, I am limited to 640x480. Opening the camera on its own, I get the full 8MP.
  17. hadisious

hadisious Member

Interesting, I am seeing this as well. Anybody find a version of the APK that doesn't present this limitation?
  18. res

res Member

How do I move pictures previously stored on my phone storage to the SD card? What directory are the pictures actually stored in?

Thanks,
    res
  19. res

res Member

Oops, double post.

Sorry
  20. hadisious

hadisious Member

You should be able to do so with ASTRO or a similar file manager. Likewise if you plug in USB and use ur phone as a disk drive. They should be under a folder called "DCIM"

On another note:
    Im also noticing that the gallery does not "clear up" images as you zoom in. With HTC Photos, once you zoom in, it redraws the image at the higher resolution. The Gallery does not.
  21. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

Anyone else having issues with this download. I go there and click on "click here to start download" and all I get is pop-up windows...
  22. hadisious

hadisious Member

I just tried it again and it worked. Mediafire might add a .zip extension to it. So you will have to remove that in order for android to read it is an APK file.
  23. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

Here is download barcode for desire 30686 version:
    [​IMG]
    I'm also having the camera at lower res and zooming issue. I can live without the camera from app but the zooming issue I can not live with. Neat app if fully functional, probably will not use in current state.
  24. hadisious

hadisious Member

nice, thx fliptwister
  25. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

My version (with working camera and resolution limitation) seems to clean up when I select a picture. I'm pretty sure these pics aren't actually "synced" to your phone, but are being downloaded on the fly from picasa. So maybe your connection is slow.