• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 gallery apk for incredible

Could you please confirm that the zoom is working for you? I have tried all versions (including 30682) and none of them zoom properly on the Incredible. You can zoom...it just remains kind of fuzzy. Look at a picture taken at full res with Incredible (8mp). With the same picture double tap while in gallery app and then double tap while in stock photos app. The difference should be obvious.

Thanks!

I thought there were some pics last night that did clean up, but I can't replicate. I took a pic just now and looked at it in both. The HTC gallery is much more finicky control wise, but does clean up on zoom and looks > 16bit. The 2.1 Gallery controls better, lets you zoom in way farther, but it definitely dithers the picture and doesn't clean up on zoom (maybe for the same reason it dithers, memory?).

Upvote 0
I really wish there was some sort of gallery/viewer that would further separate camera shots into photos/videos, like in the Blackberry Media section, coming from a Storm 2.

Ive found with this that when I deleted something in it, the next time I opened it, it was undeleted, which doesn't really work for me. I do like it more than the stock HTC gallery, and wish HTC would make theirs a bit more fancy like this.

Upvote 0
So I just installed the the 3d gallery app by scanning the bar code on page one onto my HTC EVO and its working good from what I can tell!!! I'm excited that it worked b/c I really like it, its got really cool functionality and I think I like it better then HTC's gallery lol.... so I'm keeping them both on my phone!! It doesn't show the folder ALL PHOTO'S but it seems that all the pics are there, even if I take 1 with the camera!! All my pics I believe are on my sd card so maybe thats why everything's a go? Is that the latest 3d gallery thats out as we know or is there a newer one from the Froyo build???

@Palomosan, when you say the 2.1 3D gallery app is only 16bit color that means the pics dont look as good in color then if I used the gallery app that's stock on my HTC EVO?? Can you or anyone else please explain in more detail if it's not to much? Thanks for this an the 3D gallery.apk

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
You might as well join there, as I'm sure this isn't the only thing you'll be downloading there. That's one of the best places for Android tips/tweaks/hacks (for any smartphone, really).

I did find it elsewhere. I will consider joining XDA, however, as I'm aware of the magic that comes from them.

I can't wait until someone creates a 2.1 3D gallery that can access the onboard storage too. My SD card is filling up with mp3's and .avi's and so I keep my camera storage on the internal card. I'd like to place and access all my "keepers" stuff from the internal card, but most apps don't play well with internal storage yet.

Upvote 0
I did find it elsewhere. I will consider joining XDA, however, as I'm aware of the magic that comes from them.

I can't wait until someone creates a 2.1 3D gallery that can access the onboard storage too. My SD card is filling up with mp3's and .avi's and so I keep my camera storage on the internal card. I'd like to place and access all my "keepers" stuff from the internal card, but most apps don't play well with internal storage yet.
lol ... it isn't like any of theses sites charge money or send you emails or anything else. Just use your same username for all the sites and you are done. Then anytime you click on something, no matter which Android site it is from, you don't have to jump thru hoops to download it - just sign in, if you aren't already. :D

... and it literally would have taken less time to sign up and download than it did to come and post asking for a link. Never mind the extra time it then took to do a search and find it elsewhere (not that it took more than a few dozen seconds). And nevermind the time we've now spent discussing the benefits of signing up to various sites. I'm just trying to save time. Time is money. ;)

Upvote 0
This app doesn't show all the pictures on my incredible. When I use the original app, I can see all the photos I have taken with the camera. But when I use Gallery version 30682, several of the photos aren't there. Some I took on the same day are - frustrating. Tried taking the card out and putting it back in (yes, the photos are being stored on the card). Anybody have any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones