• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.3.340 is here! Post your experiences

WTF I just read this on motorola's website:

"
  • Some users obtained an advanced copy of a Froyo SW upgrade that placed them on SW version 2.3.9. This version of SW cannot be upgraded over the air to 2.3.15.
    • To have your handset upgraded to the final version of DROID X SW upgrade 2.3.15, please contact your local verizon retail store for a walk-in visit to upgrade your handset."

Upvote 0
Before update : My phone was hang one time, and need to remove the battery. But I never experience reboot before.
After Update : one for 3 hour, my phone un-expected reboot 2 times. And nothing new i felt from this update, my phone not faster than before, only new game Madden which i don't play.

Strange.. My thought is maybe new system is prepare to reboot instead of hang. But I like the way my phone before update. Becos its rarely hang, whenever i feel lag, i use taskmanager to release memory, but i hate it reboot itself before i gotta chance to save my game while playing PSX.

I was hoping the update fixed the camcorder to be able to shoot autofocus, sadly it don't. Anyone know is there anyway to shoot it continuous autofocus like samsung or other HD phone do? :(:(:(

Upvote 0
WTF I just read this on motorola's website:

"
  • Some users obtained an advanced copy of a Froyo SW upgrade that placed them on SW version 2.3.9. This version of SW cannot be upgraded over the air to 2.3.15.
    • To have your handset upgraded to the final version of DROID X SW upgrade 2.3.15, please contact your local verizon retail store for a walk-in visit to upgrade your handset."

How did people get that update 2.3.9?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones