• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 Bluetooth ear bud sets stopped working!!

Sillycat41

Aug 28, 2022
Using an LG LDL414DL Android phone. Have two sets of Bluetooth ear buds that I have used successfully for many months. Last night neither pair worked. Just spent an hour trying to pair, optimizing the phone, restarting the phone, updated phone system files, etc., etc.... every tip I could find on the Internet and they just won't pair again. I can set the phone on top of the ear buds and it doesn't find them!!! I finds my laptop even though I removed Bluetooth fro it. This is insane! Another one else ever had this problem???

are you sure your phone model is LDL414DL? i can't find anything that exactly matches it.

Yeah I know... I couldn't find it in the list either. That's what is says in the "About Phone" description. It was on sale really cheap. The closest model I could find was the LDL413DL . It's also called a Premier Pro LTE from Tracfone.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I suspect its your phone. If you have another device around you might try a BT connection with it to confirm it's not your buds. Or if you have another BT device to marry with the phone would be a good test. With two different BT devices both failing at the same time certainly points to your phone being the problem. A factory reset would likely correct the problem if it is the phone and not a hardware problem. It is a pretty drastic measure if you have corded buds as an alternative.

Upvote 0
https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/e9a44a6a
Your phone is apparently running Nougat (7.x) yes?
If there's a 'Network settings reset' option buried somewhere in the Settings menu you might want to try that before resorting to a Factory Reset. This just wipes all network-related settings and returns them to their defaults -- but this does involve WiFi, cellular, and Bluetooth connectivity so things like saved WiFi networks will be deleted so you'll need to re-enter the passwords to various WiFi networks you need to connect to again and all saved Bluetooth pairings. (Unless you've made custom changes to your cellular service, i.e. alternate APN, its defaults will just remain the same and won't affect your cellular services). Since you were able to use your Bluetooth earbuds up into just recently, it sounds (bad pun intended) that your problem might be just to do some one-off glitch that popped up. It might also help to dig into the user manual of your earbuds and do a manual reset of both.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the tips. I finally got the ear buds to pair with the phone. Had to take them out of their case and hold the button on each down... then it paired. Never had to do that when they were new. Weird.

Are both sets identical?
I am wondering if one got switched with one from the other set, and if that could make any difference.

Upvote 0
Are both sets identical?
I am wondering if one got switched with one from the other set, and if that could make any difference.

No, they are two different brands. Use them both at night to listen to stuff when I can't sleep... when the battery worn down I"d switch to another... no problem. They worked fine both being on the phone for 6 months, then one set stopped working and, as I said, I needed to re-pair them. All is fine now. :)

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones