• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 Googlemail accounts

Rolveston

Lurker
Jun 21, 2010
Hi folks

A question from the new guy :D if i may

I recentley did a install of a new ROM upgrade from HTC's own site, but I did something daft on starting my Hero, when prompted to log-in to my existing googlemail account I'd forgotten the password (and yes I know its daft) but I created a 2nd googlemail account rather than log in via my pc and "request" a password reset, which ofc i have now done and works fine....grrr

So am I stuck with then 2nd googlemail account i created without doing a factory reset & ROM re-install, because I cant seem to find any setting on the phone to let me change the googlemail account used on my HTC Hero

Any help would be appreicated

What ROM did you put on it? Is it a 1.5 ROM or a 2.1 ROM?

If it's a 1.5 ROM, then you're stuck and will need to factory reset.
If it's a 2.1 ROM then you can add/remove Google accounts till your hearts content.

I also want to delete 2nd google email but it's not straight forward to remove the account, need to go to factory setting.

Where do we find out which ROM we have on the phone?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones