2 Googlemail accounts

Last Updated:

1. Rolveston

Rolveston New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks

A question from the new guy :D if i may

I recentley did a install of a new ROM upgrade from HTC's own site, but I did something daft on starting my Hero, when prompted to log-in to my existing googlemail account I'd forgotten the password (and yes I know its daft) but I created a 2nd googlemail account rather than log in via my pc and "request" a password reset, which ofc i have now done and works fine....grrr

So am I stuck with then 2nd googlemail account i created without doing a factory reset & ROM re-install, because I cant seem to find any setting on the phone to let me change the googlemail account used on my HTC Hero

Any help would be appreicated

Advertisement
  2. ItalianScallion

ItalianScallion Well-Known Member

Have you tried going to Menu>Settings>Accounts & Sync>Google>Remove account? (your menu tree may be different from mine, but the account options should still be there somewhere)

3. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

What ROM did you put on it? Is it a 1.5 ROM or a 2.1 ROM?

If it's a 1.5 ROM, then you're stuck and will need to factory reset.
    If it's a 2.1 ROM then you can add/remove Google accounts till your hearts content.

4. Tae

Tae Member

I also want to delete 2nd google email but it's not straight forward to remove the account, need to go to factory setting.

Where do we find out which ROM we have on the phone?

Thanks.

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Menu/Settings/About phone/Software version should show the Android version currently installed.