• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 Months in, still some questions.

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Oakland
Hello all. Overall I am really happy with my GP6P, but still there are some lingering questions.

1: In the notification bar on the desktop, where tapping "Missed calls" would take me to the phone app where I could see the calls I missed, now it does nothing.

2: In the drop-down menu that contains the Internet, Bluetooth, Flashlight, Do not disturb, Alarm, Airplane mode, and other adjustable features, I find that it is WAY TOO EASY to accidentally touch the "Do not Disturb" or "Airplane" mode thus rendering my phone dead to incoming callers, or data. Is there a way to remove these from the drop down menu, or disable them altogether to avoid this?

3: Sometimes on different websites, using chrome, I get "flutter" where instead of being able to scroll down a page to new content, it just keeps "fluttering" the same section of the page over and over again. Anyone else experience this? ( This may be a chrome issue, but it never happened on any of my other phones)

4: Still can't make "Alarm Extreme" app my default clock and alarm app.

Any Ideas appreciated.
Thanks!

2. Usually the items in this shortcut collection can be edited: pull the slide all the way down and look for either an edit icon or the 3-dot context menu. You should at least be able to move them onto the second page of shortcuts, where you won't come across them accidentally. I no longer have a Pixel, but definitely edited these shortcuts when I had.

Upvote 0
1: In the notification bar on the desktop, where tapping "Missed calls" would take me to the phone app where I could see the calls I missed, now it does nothing.

Are you talking about the "At A Glance" widget near the upper left of the home screen? Or the actual notification pull-down area?

3: Sometimes on different websites, using chrome, I get "flutter" where instead of being able to scroll down a page to new content, it just keeps "fluttering" the same section of the page over and over again. Anyone else experience this? ( This may be a chrome issue, but it never happened on any of my other phones)

That sounds to me like a website which is poorly optimized for mobile devices - likely because they're too busy shoving ad overlays instead of just showing the content you're after. I don't think it's a Chrome-specific thing, but you could try a different browser to see if the issue persists.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones