• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 3500MAH battery on ebay? Anyone have?

Mine is performing very well too. I don't know if my last battery was going bad on me, but this one is such an improvement. I can listen to slacker over 3g for 50 minutes and it costs only 5% of battery life max. That's like 18 hours straight of 3g slacker, which seems impossible.

I'm avoiding any bump charging and putting it back to charge when it's in the 30s, as I want to keep it running this nice.

Upvote 0
Don't mean to go off-topic but it's related. Has anyone bought the desktop chargers off ebay from someone? Are they any good or just more cheap chinese plastic junk not worth the shipping? lol (I've been burned) :)

I purchased what you're referring to. it was 4 bucks for 2 of them, free shipping. They take extra long to charge but i havent had any issues with them. what i can tell you is it took 8 hours to charge my 3500mah battery, but if it's in the phone, it takes about 4 hours. So in conclusion, they charge and do the job, just at a slower pace (this is when plugged into wall). i'm assuming it's even slower if you plug it into USB port.

Upvote 0
Also, one thing I'm really annoyed at, is removing this monster of a battery door when switching batteries. I've decided to not keep one charging on the desktop charger, and keep one in the phone...it's almost impossible for me to get the back door out without bending or chipping it in some way...so i'm just going to keep the same battery in the phone and charge it every night, and i'll make sure i get the battery down to 30% every night, and then charge it over night. I tried with a tooth pick and popped it off in the slot, after i broke about 4, bend my thumb nail, and index nail, and then was about to use a razor blade but it finally popped off right when i was about to split the seems with a razor blade. I will not go through that every day to switch batteries. No WAY in hell.

Upvote 0
I just received mine from feitong2009
of Hong Kong and while it works in my phone, my phones software doesn't recognize the battery. I get an ! going through my battery icon up top and the phone will not charge when plugged in with my stock wall charger or usb cable.
Obviously, I'm pretty disappointed and have already contacted seller and I'm awaiting his/her reply. I really don't feel like sending it back at my expense, when I only paid 9.99 for it.
I do like the back though. I was using the verizon 2150 and it was pretty good, I just thought for $10 it was a good gamble to go for the 3500mah. I might even use the ebay back cover for my 2150, if it fits. If it's loose I might put something inside to make it fit. They are almost identical in size.
Also, the battery clearly stated EVO on it, so maybe that is the problem? I don't know but will get back on here when I get a response from seller.
Any advise would be appreciated.

http://myworld.ebay.com/feitong2009/

Upvote 0
I just received mine from
feitong2009
of Hong Kong and while it works in my phone, my phones software doesn't recognize the battery. I get an ! going through my battery icon up top and the phone will not charge when plugged in with my stock wall charger or usb cable.
Obviously, I'm pretty disappointed and have already contacted seller and I'm awaiting his/her reply. I really don't feel like sending it back at my expense, when I only paid 9.99 for it.
I do like the back though. I was using the verizon 2150 and it was pretty good, I just thought for $10 it was a good gamble to go for the 3500mah. I might even use the ebay back cover for my 2150, if it fits. If it's loose I might put something inside to make it fit. They are almost identical in size.
Also, the battery clearly stated EVO on it, so maybe that is the problem? I don't know but will get back on here when I get a response from seller.
Any advise would be appreciated.

My battery says EvO 4g on it as well so thats ok that yours says that. i was going to say that the phone is DOA, but clearly it's not because it came with a slight charge (maybe even half) and the phone does in fact turn on and is usable, but the phone will just not charge right? The problem with ebay batteries is they do not go through quality control, they simply pick one up out of a box of one thousand and ship it to you...They may have even tested that it has voltage, but they did not test if it charged or not.

I would use an external charger and see if the battery will charge in the external charger...

I would also take out battery and put in your other battery a few times. Let it boot with your old battery, take it out, let it boot with new battery, then attempt to charge, see what happens after 3 or 4 times you'll then get a good idea if the battery has NO chance of charging in the phone...but iti might charge in the external if you have one. I would still get it replaced however, a battery that can't charge while in the phone is nothing but a pain in the ass.

Upvote 0
Would this battery fit with the 2150 extended door?

People have stated the 2150/2500/2600/3000/3500mah will all fit in the 2150 extended door, and obviously they will all fit in the hongKong Door. I'm getting sick of the HongKong door already. Even though all the seems are tight and there is no spacing in between the seems/top/bottom, but there is no case, clip , or gel that will hold this. Its becoming a pain.

I'm thinking of getting the 2150 back door, and putting the 3500 mah battery in it. At least i can use a Gel case and cut out the back door like many people have done.

Reactions: ORRY?
Upvote 0
thanks junior, appreciate the response. the ebay battery does charge with an external charger, but will not inside the phone which is a slight problem to say the least. I tried doing what you said last night, taking it out, rebooting, putting in the stock battery, you name it and I tried it. But unfortunately nothing works. It's a little odd to me that it would charge in external charger and not in the phone. I have a battery widget that will show it at 100% after I charge it externally, but it still shows a ! going through the stock meter and will not charge. I guess I can use it for a spare in a pinch, but I'm disappointed. I still haven't heard back from the seller, but I'll give it another day.
Thanks again!!

My battery says EvO 4g on it as well so thats ok that yours says that. i was going to say that the phone is DOA, but clearly it's not because it came with a slight charge (maybe even half) and the phone does in fact turn on and is usable, but the phone will just not charge right? The problem with ebay batteries is they do not go through quality control, they simply pick one up out of a box of one thousand and ship it to you...They may have even tested that it has voltage, but they did not test if it charged or not.

I would use an external charger and see if the battery will charge in the external charger...

I would also take out battery and put in your other battery a few times. Let it boot with your old battery, take it out, let it boot with new battery, then attempt to charge, see what happens after 3 or 4 times you'll then get a good idea if the battery has NO chance of charging in the phone...but iti might charge in the external if you have one. I would still get it replaced however, a battery that can't charge while in the phone is nothing but a pain in the ass.

Upvote 0
thanks junior, appreciate the response. the ebay battery does charge with an external charger, but will not inside the phone which is a slight problem to say the least. I tried doing what you said last night, taking it out, rebooting, putting in the stock battery, you name it and I tried it. But unfortunately nothing works. It's a little odd to me that it would charge in external charger and not in the phone. I have a battery widget that will show it at 100% after I charge it externally, but it still shows a ! going through the stock meter and will not charge. I guess I can use it for a spare in a pinch, but I'm disappointed. I still haven't heard back from the seller, but I'll give it another day.
Thanks again!!

no problem, glad to help. Yeah, i agree..it's good to use in a pinch, but I would make sure the ebay seller takes care of this issue...because while it is good to have even though it wont charge, it's not right that others have purchased the same battery and it will charge in their phone. you're not asking for much, you're just asking for the same quality that should come with a battery! Not being able to charge it in the phone is a real PITA.

Question, does your battery widget go down from 100% as if it were a normal battery? Does it go to 95-95-90 ? Or does it just stay at 100. Your phone must truly believe that the battery is damaging to the phone and thats why it will not give you an accurate reading...or even let you see the battery left, or let you charge the battery. lets wait to see what the ebay guy says.

Upvote 0
The back cover for the ebay 3500ma battery looks very similar to the stock HTC, not too bad at all. But when it's sitting screen-up, it looks almost identical to a touch pro. It feels the same in my hand, which at least its familiar and not bad at all.

So far I'm not really impressed with the battery life, but I haven't compared any real numbers yet, just basing it on subjective experience. Maybe I set the bar too high? lol. It's still an improvement over the 1750, but nothing drastic in regards to wake time.

Roughly 18 hours up time, 2 hours wake time, 1.5 hours phone calls, 3g/wifi/sync on the entire time, and I was out of service area for 2 hours earlier today while driving (3g/sync left on the entire time). Definitely worth putting up with a little more bulk.

Upvote 0
I'm just following up on my ebay experience. As some of you know from my previous posts, I received one that was not recognized by the phone and, in turn, would not charge inside the phone (it did charge in an external charger). I've had several emails back and forth with my new friend in Hong Kong and he told me to send it back and that he would send a new one when I sent him confirmation that it had, in fact, been sent. I did that yesterday and he already contacted me that a new one would be on it's way shortly. He (I guess it could be a she) seemed sincere in his wish to satisfy me and I'm hoping to receive it quickly and get similar results to BillyBob. I actually am running the exact setup to him with Virtuous and the custom kernel. I also added the Revolution theme, which is pretty nice too.
It cost me $3 to return it to Hong Kong, so my total out of pocket will end up being approx. $12, which is great if the battery ends up working.
Lastly, I thought I really liked the back he sent me, and it did fit nice and tightly, but now that I've gone back to my 2150 mah from Verizon with the stock back, I think I prefer that. I do believe the 3500 will fit in it too, so maybe I'll get the best of both worlds. I'll report back when I get it. Thanks everyone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones