• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi guys, sorry if posting lots of questions but I'm new to smartphones :thinking:.

Is this right...? 3G uses your inclusive data allowance, Wifi is free (at home/free hotspots etc).

3G seems very slow at home in South London, on Tesco network which is effectivley O2, I thought it was meant to be superfast but my old Samsung Tocco Lite was faster connecting. And Wifi won't connect to my home Wifi network, any top tips for connecting to Wifi? Can I connect to BT Openzone for free as that comes up as an option?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

Is this right...? 3G uses your inclusive data allowance, Wifi is free (at home/free hotspots etc)
<br />

Well sometimes Wifi is financially free, sometimes you get to pay for it separately. Either way it doesn't count against your data allowance.

As for the speed of the network - O2 is the only one I don't have experience of but reading the review over at The Register, I wouldn't be too hopeful :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones