• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.3.3 root problem, no updates, system status custom

O

OmegaXI5

Hello. So I purchased my S3 2 months ago (was my first ever android phone) which was in a neat condition and I had no one else to check it. It costed me around $110 (second hand). It had many problems while I was trying to set it up my own way, but i finally settled down for it.

However just a few days ago, I googled something and I realized that my device is rooted so i used an app to unroot it (UnRoot device something. Purchased app) and SuperSU was uninstalled however system status still shows as custom.

Pressing volume down, home and power button on starting phone takes me to a place with triangle where it asks that you want to download custom ROM or not :s This phone's completely screwed and I can't buy a new phone due to financial conditions.

Anyone knows how can I return it to its official state (everything [factory reset wouldn't work. tried it])?

Sure!
Go to sammobile.com , set up a free account, search for and find the latest firmware for your specific model number and carrier and flash it with ODIN.
There are simple instructions there along with links for downloading ODIN.
Just a heads up, either disable or remove KIES (if installed) as ODIN and KIES don't play well together.;)
Do you have the drivers installed on your computer for the S3?
If you need more help, just ask and we can help find what you need;)

Upvote 0
Ok so got an account there now the thing is.
I live in Pakistan, I cannot find the correct PDA or CSC for my phone. It's
CP:- I9300BUUGNB1
CSC:- I9300VFGGNB1

Even selecting no country and applying filter wouldn't bring these results up :/

Looking up in Pakistan as country wouldn't do any good either.

EDIT* I forgot to mention it's problems. Whenever I play some game, it's battery life becomes like 1 % per 1 minute and it wouldn't go more than 1h 30m when gaming. It's pretty low otherwise too (not battery fault. switched 3 batteries)
And it's brightness wouldn't reduce. Not with any app etc. But filters like NightMode do the trick and still battery consumption is the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thats currently being downloaded but regarding the steps

• Extract (unzip) the firmware file
  • Download Odin v3.10.7
  • Extract Odin ZIP file
  • Open Odin v3.10.7
  • Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
  • Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
  • Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
  • Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
  • Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes
The reboot part, it brings up do you want to download a custom ROM (Didn't do above steps yet).
Do I connect the phone there and wait for blue sign in Odin? (There's also a very big triangle)

Upvote 0
Thing I like most about S3 and S4 is the way they are built. You can get to all components thru the back of the phone. I have been given a few that were not working and been able to Frankenstein them together to get one going. Would be nice to try another board if you could get your hands on one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones