• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.3 problem

I have just got off the phone to Samsung, spoke to a nice Irish fella who has said that for the past 3 days this is all he has heard about, Samsung are aware and the more people who call up to complain the quicker it will get done. Here is the number 0845 672 6786

On the web site they also quote a number for overseas customers - 01932 454358 - which should be cheaper than an 0845 number.

Or even 0330 7267864 which they say same cost as land line call so may come out of any free mobile minutes you have.

Upvote 0
Android43-Lemon.jpg

Upvote 0
Received this from samsung .. at least they have acknowledged the issue ;

Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Support.

We are sorry to hear that following the 4.3 update your handset has become less responsive and slower. We understand the frustration this caused as you are unable to use your handset without these issues surfacing.

In regards to your email, I have been given the following statement by our Development Team:

'As we are currently investigating the reported issues with Galaxy S3 4.3 Jelly Bean update,
the upgrading service has been temporarily suspended.
We are committed to providing customers with the best possible mobile experience,
and will ensure to resume the upgrading service at the earliest possibility.'

I realise this does not solve the issues you have with your handset. However, I can assure you we are doing everything we can to create a fix for these widespread issues and make it available asap.

If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Upvote 0
Received this from samsung .. at least they have acknowledged the issue ;

We are sorry to hear that following the 4.3 update your handset has become less responsive and slower. We understand the frustration this caused as you are unable to use your handset without these issues surfacing.

In regards to your email, I have been given the following statement by our Development Team:

'As we are currently investigating the reported issues with Galaxy S3 4.3 Jelly Bean update,
the upgrading service has been temporarily suspended.
We are committed to providing customers with the best possible mobile experience,
and will ensure to resume the upgrading service at the earliest possibility.'

I realise this does not solve the issues you have with your handset. However, I can assure you we are doing everything we can to create a fix for these widespread issues and make it available asap.

I had exactly the same e-mail this morning. The question now is how long do we have to wait for a reliable fix and how much of their resources are the putting into it. At least they have acknowledged there is a problem

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I got a reply from Samsung support after my complaint. It makes VERY interesting reading as they specifically blame Google for the problem! They mention Google twice so that I am in no doubt that they believe the fault lies with Google and not Samsung!

I was sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with your Galaxy SIII after the last software update and I appreciate your frustration on this occasion.

Please be advised that we are aware if the issue and Google is working on the resolution at present. I would kindly ask you for your patience on this occasion and as soon as Google confirms that the fix was prepared we will make sure that all users are immediately informed.

As we are currently investigating the reported issues with Galaxy S3 4.3 Jelly Bean update, the upgrading service has been temporarily suspended. We are committed to providing customers with the best possible mobile experience, and will ensure to resume the upgrading service at the earliest possibility.

One more time please accept our deepest apologies on this occasion.

Upvote 0
My response today from Samsung was the following. Mostly the same as others, but with a difference at the end:
I am very sorry about the problems you have been experiencing with your operating system since the software update. I understand how frustrating this would be, as it is impacting how you can use your phone. We are currently investigating the reported issues with Galaxy S3 4.3 Jelly Bean update, until the issues are resolved, the upgrading service has been temporarily suspended.
As the factory reset was unsuccessful in fixing any of the issues you are experiencing, I would advised that you visit your local service centre, here a Samsung approved engineer can inspect the phone, I have listed the details below.

So, I may be able to have them flash it back or whatever? But what about the rest of you? How will you

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I got a reply from Samsung support after my complaint. It makes VERY interesting reading as they specifically blame Google for the problem! They mention Google twice so that I am in no doubt that they believe the fault lies with Google and not Samsung!

I was sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with your Galaxy SIII after the last software update and I appreciate your frustration on this occasion.

Please be advised that we are aware if the issue and Google is working on the resolution at present. I would kindly ask you for your patience on this occasion and as soon as Google confirms that the fix was prepared we will make sure that all users are immediately informed.

As we are currently investigating the reported issues with Galaxy S3 4.3 Jelly Bean update, the upgrading service has been temporarily suspended. We are committed to providing customers with the best possible mobile experience, and will ensure to resume the upgrading service at the earliest possibility.

One more time please accept our deepest apologies on this occasion.

Google are in my bad books just now so im not defending them blindly but i dont think they would take to kindly to that email from samsung.
Aosp android is built for Nexus devices. samsung are free to use it how they like. If theres bad coding for the s3 then that was samsung who did it. Not google.
3rd party developers have managed to make excellent roms for the s3 from the exact same code given to samsung so it IS samsungs fault.
Even if samsung didnt port it, they should at least have tested it before pumping it out to peoples phones.
This is samsungs fault alone :banghead::thumbdown:

Upvote 0
I've had 4.3 on since it was released the other day. To start battery life was shocking 91% gone in a 8 hour shift at work. Then yesterday it was down to 53% in a 8 hour shift. Did the same thing both days watched part of a film, couple of texts, phone calls, candy crush and a bit of browsing. So just wondering if it needs to recalibrate the battery. As for unlocking it's fine most of the time but sometimes have to hold the power button to reboot. The gallery is fine for me and so is the wifi. It's just the lock that I'm having problems with witch I can live with till it's sorted. I'm on unbranded o2.

Upvote 0
Google are in my bad books just now so im not defending them blindly but i dont think they would take to kindly to that email from samsung.
Aosp android is built for Nexus devices. samsung are free to use it how they like. If theres bad coding for the s3 then that was samsung who did it. Not google.
3rd party developers have managed to make excellent roms for the s3 from the exact same code given to samsung so it IS samsungs fault.
Even if samsung didnt port it, they should at least have tested it before pumping it out to peoples phones.
This is samsungs fault alone :banghead::thumbdown:

I know, after hearing all what's going on its the first time I've genuinely thought maybe touchwiz is far too bloated. How can some guys make a ROM from the comfort of their own bed room and for the fun of it make the software, WITHOUT all the needed source codes, run better than a multi billion pound international company!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones