• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [5.1.1][UNOFFICIAL] Paranoid Android 5.1 [12.30.2015]

edu3ahyq.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403134477367.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403134477367.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 128
  • uploadfromtaptalk1403134486050.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403134486050.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Anyone able to lend a hand to a newbie? I've searched far and wide and haven't seen a fix for this anywhere. Would like to be able to d/l to extsdcard again, and why my note with 4.4.2 is saying a 32 gig card is full when there are 20 gb are open..
I'm not to sure anyone here can assist you. I would recommend asking in the note 2 forum.

Upvote 0
Something is odd in my settings "about phone" section. After factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik, and format system. Flash ROM, install Gapps, flash furnace kernel, wifi hotspot fix, change boot logo and animation. My settings say the following...

Android Version

ParanoidAndroid Version
Unknown

Definitely flashed the correct ROM and I notice the dialer is updated, all the extra goodies like pulldown corner notification bar option to open settings is there, immersion is present. Don't see the Hover app though... unless its just a settings toggle... didn't check that out yet...

Any thoughts?

BTW... Seraph awesome ROM dude. Thanked you in O.P. Super stable, fast, smooth. Official CM11 snapshot was giving me FC's, random reboots, lag, etc. Not a single hitch with yours so far. Love it!

Upvote 0
Something is still odd though. pa ota shows that I have your rc1 installed not rc2, but here is a screen shot of the file I flash. Since you can't see the whole file name I, for the purpose of showing the file name as best I could, temporarily selected to rename it. Of course I did not rename it... You know what I mean. Yet Ota still says update available... Odd, huh?

Upvote 0
Something is still odd though. pa ota shows that I have your rc1 installed not rc2, but here is a screen shot of the file I flash. Since you can't see the whole file name I, for the purpose of showing the file name as best I could, temporarily selected to rename it. Of course I did not rename it... You know what I mean. Yet Ota still says update available... Odd, huh?

Sorry here is my pic...

Attachments

• 1403150227398.jpg
    1403150227398.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
Turns out that the wifi hotspot fix is what caused the info screen anomalies (showing androide version as 4.4.2, pa version unknown, and model XT1031 instead of Moto G). It causes pa ota to fc as well. Not that this matters to anyone just nice to have sorted it out...:D
You shouldn't need the hotspot fix in PA, only stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones