• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [5.1.1][UNOFFICIAL] Paranoid Android 5.1 [12.30.2015]

Trying to copy anything into "/" directory fails. Can't copy boot animations into /system/media. Can't copy file to fix "roaming indicator off" to /data. No explanation given, it just fails.

I noticed some of the dates on the folders in my device are way off. Way, way off. Could this be the problem, or is it irrelevant? Pic link below...

Attachments

• 1403545481466.jpg
    1403545481466.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
I keep having a "roaming warning" notification pop up saying there is a loss of data connectivity because I left my home network area. It literally occurs every ten to twenty seconds and I cannot find a way to disable it. Anyone else had this? My roaming is set to "home only" and not "automatic". Roaming is also disabled. Yet the warning persists.

Upvote 0
Seraph, this link does not take me to a flashable zip download... as far as I can tell. Help! When I try and enable root explorer in es file manager I get "test failed. this feature cannot run on your device".

See above post.

Click on the link, then hit ctrl + s, or click on File, download in the upper left.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• 2014-07-07.jpg
    2014-07-07.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: thermalpaste
Upvote 0
Updated 7/08

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3bTd-NF3_aLeDhMaWNKaGVmWWM/edit?usp=sharing

Yes I am fully aware in the about phone it still says 4.41. I believe it's because when I did the build I didn't do a make clean. I'm doing the PACMAN build at the same time here. This computer I have here right now takes FOREVER to do these builds. I have a new machine showing up here on Thursday. So these problems will be fixed. Check the zip it is 4.42.

Enjoy.

Upvote 0
Well from the somewhat short lived experience I had with this last release it was a bit laggy and unresponsive at times. Especially the volume keys while listening to Google Play Music. Also couldn't get video to play in Google Play Movies & TV. Seems every time I load up a custom rom on this device I always return to stock shortly thereafter. First device I've had that seems to run stock better than custom roms. =P

Upvote 0
If you having any massive lag time issues during boot I've found help in flashing the SuperSU zip I've got the most current version here. Sequence would be,

ROM, GAPPS, SuperSU

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3bTd-NF3_aLdmZQWUdNZ2FsZUU/edit?usp=docslist_api

Seraph,

I get this error message when trying to download the zip:
"Sorry, this file is infected with a virus
Only the owner is allowed to download infected files."

In addition, I can't get hangouts to send mms. Works sending them to myself, but not other folks. Followed all directions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones