• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just got a Pixel 6a. This is my third Pixel 2,4a,6a and I'm VERY disappointed. Difficult to set up, ask to many questions, keeps giving me information I don't want to know. Now the BIG issue The call quality SUCKS BIG time........ I can be on a call and in the middle of the call who ever I'm talking to will start to sound like a robotic voice going in and out. never had this issue with my 4a same service (Verizon) and same SIM card. Google USELESS (Don't get me started on them) said I should have no issues with the same SIM. about ready to chunk it in the trash and go back to the 4a.

New here and had posted this in the wrong place SORRY:poweredbydroid:

I just got a Pixel 6a. This is my third Pixel 2,4a,6a and I'm VERY disappointed. Difficult to set up, ask to many questions, keeps giving me information I don't want to know. Now the BIG issue The call quality SUCKS BIG time........ I can be on a call and in the middle of the call who ever I'm talking to will start to sound like a robotic voice going in and out. never had this issue with my 4a same service (Verizon) and same SIM card. Google USELESS (Don't get me started on them) said I should have no issues with the same SIM. about ready to chunk it in the trash and go back to the 4a.

New here and had posted this in the wrong place SORRY:poweredbydroid:
have you talked to Verizon? maybe take it in and show them how poor the call quality is. they might have you do a factory reset to see if this is just a glitch though, so be prepared and have everything backed up. is the phone under warranty? if it still is you might have them give you another one and hope that the issue was just with your phone.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Ok I replaced the SIM card (had the one from my previous 4a) Verizon provided me with a new 5G SIM still having the same issues. Someone suggested I take it back to Verizon. I purchased the phone from the Google store. We all know how useless Google support is. Another issue I've noticed, the phone updated to A13 on Sept 5, another security update happened about 3 days ago after that the notification dots no longer show next to my icons. Google's fix for that is to try a factory reset. I told them to shove-it, they said they would replace my phone I told them to shove that I want a complete refund I no longer want this piece of crap. I'll go back to my Pixel 4a which is a superior phone to the Pixel 6a.
Caveat emptor folks!!!!

Upvote 0
Ok I replaced the SIM card (had the one from my previous 4a) Verizon provided me with a new 5G SIM still having the same issues. Someone suggested I take it back to Verizon. I purchased the phone from the Google store. We all know how useless Google support is. Another issue I've noticed, the phone updated to A13 on Sept 5, another security update happened about 3 days ago after that the notification dots no longer show next to my icons. Google's fix for that is to try a factory reset. I told them to shove-it, they said they would replace my phone I told them to shove that I want a complete refund I no longer want this piece of crap. I'll go back to my Pixel 4a which is a superior phone to the Pixel 6a.
Caveat emptor folks!!!!

My ride on T-Mobile has been great. My only complaints have been battery barely lasts a day for me and fingerprint wasn't too good until last update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones