• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few Nexus 5 problems

xbroogw1

Aug 7, 2011
I have just received my Nexus 5 and so far so good. I was wondering if anyone could help with these queries that I have:

1. Is it possible to arrange apps into groups in the app draw so that you dont have pages and pages of apps to scroll through?
  2. If have the notification light ticked in the settings, but when I recieve a message, email or miss a phone call, nothing happens. How do I fix this? I am using Go SMS Pro as my message app.
I might add to this list as more things come to me.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your reply.

What I am trying to achieve is to group the icons in the app drawer. The page that lists all the apps installed when you press the icon with the six white dots on the home page.

When I go to list of apps and hold down an icon, it instantly tries to get me to drop it onto the home page. I can group items on the home page, but not in the list of installed apps.

I am coming from a Galaxy S2 and I had Go Launcher installed. This allowed you to group apps into relevant sections, so that you didn't have to scroll through pages and pages of apps.

Will I have to change my launcher to achieve the same effect?

Upvote 0
I have just received my Nexus 5 and so far so good. I was wondering if anyone could help with these queries that I have:

1. Is it possible to arrange apps into groups in the app draw so that you dont have pages and pages of apps to scroll through?
  2. If have the notification light ticked in the settings, but when I recieve a message, email or miss a phone call, nothing happens. How do I fix this? I am using Go SMS Pro as my message app.
I might add to this list as more things come to me.

Thanks for your help.

1. Not with the Stock Launcher. I suggest Nova Launcher, it's great. Sign up for beta and you'll get the latest version with more kitkat goodies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones