A few peeves...General

Last Updated:

1. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I've been very lucky with my 2.1 OTA and haven't have any bugs at all. I did do a factory reset right after the OTA. However, there are a few annoyances with 2.1 that I have to air...

1. The People app. I wish they had just kept the "favorites" icon (person with a heart) instead of just making them a part of "groups". But it's no biggie.
    1a. The People/Favorites widget. The spaces between each contact are bigger now, so the three on the bottom are cut in half. I can scroll down a little, but then it cuts off the top three. That bothers the perfectionist in me! :rolleyes:

2. I'm no longer getting app update notifications... I looked in settings, but can only select if I get notified once the download is complete. Anyone else?

3. My email icon sometimes won't update once I have read my email. It will keep the green unread dot, nothing I do will make it go away. Minor issue of course!

Anyone else? Any fixes?

Advertisement
  2. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

Did you use a backup program to restore your apps? If so that is your problem. When it restores your programs it doesn't restore properly so you won't get your updates. As far as I know only rooted phones can backup and restore apps properly.

3. Flyphoenix

Flyphoenix Well-Known Member

4. Flyphoenix

Flyphoenix Well-Known Member

I know with OTA you need to take the battery out for five minutes.
    My phone was restarting by itself so that's what I did and it works fine!

5. bjf88

No, I did not use anything to back up my apps (other than iMusic because it isn't on the market anymore). I installed them all directly from the market after the factory reset.

6. bjf88

Hmmm, I don't think so. The factory reset should have fixed it. And since then I think I have taken the battery out for a bit... I left Scanner radio on once without realizing it and it killed my battery and I freaked out thinking it was just plain dead. But of course all was fine once I put it on the charger for a few minutes.

7. bjf88

I'm curious to see if anyone else is having the update notification issue... it's not a huge issue for me, I just get in the habit of checking my downloads every time I go into the market.

8. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

No, I still get app update notifications. 2.1 OTA. In fact, just Friday I got a couple, and another I think on Saturday.

9. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I get that with the email icon sometimes. It goes away on its on. One thing you have to do is make sure that there isn't an unread message deep down that you missed. I've even gotten spam emails that are time stamped so that they show up days old. For the most part though, the email icon just hangs there after I've looked into the above.