• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "A network error has occurred. Retry or cancel..."

artnalex

Nov 10, 2009
For the last two hours I have bee getting this notification when I try and access any application on my DROID:

"ATTENTION! A network error has occurred. Retry or cancel and return to the prev screen."

I can't even access the Internet!!! I even took the battery off and rebooted the phone... but to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem? What do I do here?

Actually, it happened wile I was at work. We have free WiFi access.

I did disable the WiFi, but still got the same result. Once I left the office and was about 1 miles away - I started receiving access again. But that was after I reboot my phone and killed every app that was running. No problems since.

That is odd, thougth.

Upvote 0
I was getting the same error message in the Android Market when I tried to download an app. To solve it, I opened the browser and navigated to a couple websites. (google, amazon, etc.) Then I closed the browser and went back to the Market and successfully downloaded the app. It's kinda of like training a dog to go outside and poop. You have to train the phone where to get it's internet.

This was using Verizon's 3G network and I had my credit card information saved in Google Checkout.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: SamGill
Upvote 0
This has been happening throughout the day and night for the last 3 days. New (1 week old) samsung intercept with 3G, not using wi-fi. This is getting very annoying, not sure what to do.

I called my carrier to complain, they gave some steps to follow. Entering a code in the settings but did not help. They were saying they were getting all bars and no connection issues.

I think they were in india inside a cell tower. LOL

Upvote 0
I'm getting the same problem!!

So, how many of us here have just updated the operating system on our Droid phones?

Me!!

Verizon, HTC Droid Incredible, Had been running Froyo 2.2....

Just ran the *228 nonsense....no difference.

I'm in the Northeast US, in NYS, just 45 minutes north of NYC. Typically, I have excellent reception (phone and data). No Wi-Fi available in the office.

Upvote 0
I was getting the same error message in the Android Market when I tried to download an app. To solve it, I opened the browser and navigated to a couple websites. (google, amazon, etc.) Then I closed the browser and went back to the Market and successfully downloaded the app. It's kinda of like training a dog to go outside and poop. You have to train the phone where to get it's internet.

This was using Verizon's 3G network and I had my credit card information saved in Google Checkout.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your suggestionas I did exactly what you told and my phone really understood what I am trying to do. It really works atleast for my samsung Europa.

Thanks for your advice about training a mobile. I did that and got my phone back on the track.

Upvote 0
For the last two hours I have bee getting this notification when I try and access any application on my DROID:

"ATTENTION! A network error has occurred. Retry or cancel and return to the prev screen."

I can't even access the Internet!!! I even took the battery off and rebooted the phone... but to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem? What do I do here?

i have this problem too.
really sad n mad bout it.
i cant access any internet too....
can pls help~~~

Upvote 0
Guys I have found a possible cause of the problem! I had the same error you had for 3 days.. I was connecting successfully in several wifi routers with my android phone, but at home I had that problem.. I noticed something though and I have found a solution. All the passwords on the other wifis were including only numbers and the connection was ok. My password though was including numbers and letters too and there was a problem. So I changed my home password and I put only numbers in it and the problem resolved.. It worked on me. Try it you won't lose anything. Happy to help!

Upvote 0
My problem is simular but is not only the internet, unless the talk to text feature is connected to the internet. But if its WIFi related mine sometimes work and sometimes don't in the same wifi networks. I have tried all these suggestions of shutting off phone and or wifi. My connection never had any problems up until about 2 weeks ago, after another problem with my phone stopped. This other problem was my phone for a good portion of the day was thinking I was Georgia, Alabama when I am in Spokane, WA and this problem all of a sudden started and about 3 weeks later all of a sudden stopped.

Any Ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones