• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "A network error has occurred. Retry or cancel..."

Has this been solved? It seems that it works for some people. I also get the same message. I don't have data manager under settings. Market application used to work with WiFi whether using 3G network or not. After a month in China with no access to 3G network, it suddenly stopped working. It worked for about a month with WiFi only. Now I cannot install anything on my Galaxy Tab, not even directly through the market website; it seems that Market application and Market website work together.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I started having this problem about two weeks ago also. I can get my phone to connect to my wifi without a problem. But I'm having problems connecting using my 3G. Today when I couldn't connect I turned off the wifi and turned on the 4G and it connected fine. But when I left 4G coverage my phone wouldn't connect. I went to the Sprint Zone app on my phone and it said there was a profile update available that might affect my network connectivity but my phone won't download it. It's very aggravating. :mad:

Upvote 0
I think I may have an answer (just from my obsverations anyway).

I started getting the same error about a month ago on either WiFi or 3G. Rebooting wouldn't help at all. It went away but then happened again this week.

On my home internet, I use OpenDNS as my DNS server, as I find it faster than my ISP's DNS server.

Considering Android market probably has servers all over the world, possibly my phone was getting a wrong server IP because I was using a DNS server from another country.

So I changed my DNS server to googles public DNS server (8.8.8.8), and after I rebooted my phone, the problem went away!

The reason why it wouldn't work with 3G either is because my phone connects to WiFi first and it caches the DNS record of the market server and probably requires the local server in the country you reside.

Hope that helps for some people!

Upvote 0
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S Blaze

After a recent account change (from normal 2 lines plus paid data with rollover per month to promotion 2 lines unlimited data 5G tethering for $100/month):

Google search would work, but most sites would give me a "Network Error Occurred" error message and claim they couldn't access the page, but my wife's phone worked fine (on the same plan).

Went into Settings->More...->Mobile Networks (down the the very bottom). Disabled and re-enabled "Use packet data" and "Data roaming".

Then it worked again.

Upvote 0
Your problem is that maybe you download this game by other site.
The message network connection error occurred (is license verification)
Solution
Move obb file in to other folder and back up all
Download nova 3 by playstore and stopped in 200 kb or max
Then past moved file in obb folder with
Overwrite.
Then install apk.
Game work 100%

Upvote 0
For the last two hours I have bee getting this notification when I try and access any application on my DROID:

"ATTENTION! A network error has occurred. Retry or cancel and return to the prev screen."

I can't even access the Internet!!! I even took the battery off and rebooted the phone... but to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem? What do I do here?
I too have the same problem but I don't know what to do

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones