• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Constantly resetting network settings

aishayeoh

Lurker
Feb 24, 2023
Hello. I have an LG Stylo 6 from Cricket Wireless. Love the phone and service but in the last week I have had to constantly reset network settings otherwise cannot connect to internet. This happens whether I am outside or home - I never use home wifi to connect - always cellular network.
It is not due to software update - my software is up to date everytime.
So everytime I cannot connect I would have to reset all network settings then instantly I can connect. But in less than an hour I cannot connect again. So I have to do this frequently - which is not normal!
I even did what Cricket phone support suggested - took out and then re-inserted the SIM card - issue persists.
This is my 4th LG phone with Cricket since 2015 and the 1st time this is happening.
Has anyone had this issue before?
Any suggestions for further troubleshooting or solution?
Thanks so much in advance!

Is the phone up to date? You might want to consider doing a factory reset. Your phone is almost 3 years now. You are getting close to its end of life ( this just means that all support for the phone will stop). Usually eol phones will start to have issues. Battery life will suck, software glitches will happen more often, and hardware issues can happen.....So I would make it a practice to back up your data frequently........maybe now is a good time to look for a new phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Hi. I purchased this phone in August 2021 so not quite 2 years yet. I do back up using phone backup to Google drive also SMS Backup and Restore to both Google drive and OneDrive. Thanks for your suggestion. If there is no other explanation then I might have to consider replacement - but I still hope not.

Upvote 0
Hi. I purchased this phone in August 2021 so not quite 2 years yet. I do back up using phone backup to Google drive also SMS Backup and Restore to both Google drive and OneDrive. Thanks for your suggestion. If there is no other explanation then I might have to consider replacement - but I still hope not.
that's purchased.......this phone was still manufactured back in 2020 and was just sitting on a shelf until you bought. yes there is one year less wear and tear. but it was still made in 2020 and things do deteriorate just sitting on a shelf.

curious does this happens only on wifi or cellular? if wifi, have you tried other wifi spots? can you reboot the router?

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Wifi is a separate story. My wifi is with Comcast and has problems now so tech is coming Sun. So I never connect to wifi when using phone. Thanks so much!
yeah its hard to pin point what is going on. it could be a software glitch or a hardware issue. does cricket have an on site technicians you can take it to? maybe a tech can help you troubleshoot it. it could also be something on their end or maybe a bad sim card.

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones