• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A new comer to Smart Phones...

Iv got the zte warp and i am on a scale of 1 to 10 maybe a 2 when it comes to mods and getting into it...i have rooted successfully and have titanium back up and two wifi tethering apps that also work so i guess iv done something right..I know this is kinda long winded but i tell you this to maybe give you some idea of what my "skill" level is...i wanna give thanks to ya'll for the root i got it from your site...now for my question...i wanna know what all bloat wear i should remove and what is safe to remove...and any other tips you may have...thanks again and i love the site...

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, Shane! :)

You should definitely ask the Warp owners in Warp - All Things Root - Android Forums about the bloatware. As I am sure you are well aware, many apps provide services for other parts of the OS and if you remove them, you can disable certain features or make your phone unusable. More importantly, system apps are not easily restorable like simply installing an .apk file. And once deleted, even a factory reset will not recover them. You will have to locate and flash a stock rom image to get them back.

Usually the safer way to proceed is to freeze the apps with Titatium and then you will know if stopping them breaks anything. I'd keep them frozen for a couple of weeks before actually removing anything. Make sure you make a full nandroid backup before removing apps, too.

Reactions: ShaneTexas
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones